Sponsership MOAN !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sponsership MOAN !

Post by banbury tiger »

Why does everything in sport have to be sponsered all the time. I understand why teams and Unions want it because it brings in valuable money. But for goodness sake , I thought Rugby was differnt to the - round ball. The Celtic leauge managed fine without a sponsership deal but now it's the MAGNERS league, I thought the asnglo-welsh cup could too after Powergen pulled out but no ! it's now the EDF ENERGY CUP. Nowerdays in Rugby it seems you speak about it for a few minuets without something being advertised while you're speaking. :x
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

So it's OK for English competitions to be sponsored (do the brands "Zurich" "Guinness" or "Powergen" mean anything to you?) but the minute our Celtic Cousins get into it it's suddenly not Rugby?
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I don't have a problems with sponsorship, it gives moeny to the people who need it and it also helps to advertise companies everyones a winner. I mean it doesn't hurt you if something is sponsored it doesn't ruin the game when you go to WR and its a Guiness Prem game or Heinikken Cup it doesn't affect the way the game goes and the club the competition and the comapny prosper so why souldn't things be sponsored as i said everyones a winner.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

think about it no sponsorship no big leagues therefore no where for the teams to play its a circle we need the sponsorship if it wasnt for sponsors we wouldnt be getting the ground we are gettin!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Exactly! Until money actually grows on trees the sport needs sponsors in order to pay bills, wages etc.

No sponsors = no professional players!
greenhornet

Post by greenhornet »

If you want to see what happens without sponsors come and see a National One match.

There's a lot to said for having money!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yeh Sponsorship is THE key to success of both teams, clubs and lauges, we couldn't do without it, well no we could but no-one would want to watch rugby anymore because the conditions you'd be sitting/standing in.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

Wigan tiger did you read what I actually said or not I said the celtic league aswellas the edf energy cup which happens to include ENGLAND and WALES !
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

In principal I don't have a problem with sponsership, but the fact is that it gets up my nose the you can't talk about a single thing about rugby without advertising a company like EDF Energy ! I think it's ridiculous when it comes to that ! how much longer before it's, Sale Samsung, and Northampton Norwich Union ! ok i was probably exagerating a bit there but still I think OK sponser a shirt like Aggerate have and put up a few advertising boards bur in Rugby.... leave it at That !
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bnbury, you mean like NEC Harlequins and Bristol Shoguns? Both names are as a result of sponsorship deals.

However, yur overly simplistic view of rugby sponsorship being restricted to shirt spnsors & a few signs around the ground wouldn't even bring in enough money to pay the pack's wages, let alone the wages of the whole team, the subs, the Academy, the coaches, the backroom staff etc.

The fact is that the game NEEDS sponsorship in order to remain professional. Without sponsorship revenue, even Tigers would be HEAVILY loss-making each year.

It's a simple choice: Suffer the sponsors or pay 5 times as much for your match tickets, your replica shirt, your programme etc and still be stuck with the same old, dilapidated stadium!

If you want the team, you have to have the sponsors. Sorry, it's just a fact of life. Money doesn't grow on trees & professional players don't play for free.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

This really is a no brainer.

If Company A are prepared to pay £5BN per annum for Tigers to be called A Leicester Tigers we accept!

Likely we accept also if it is only £50M.

If it is £5M we look at the small print and what else they want.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Would any name do then?

How about,
Senapod Sale, Diocalm Doncaster, Wonderbra Wasps or Tenalady Tigers?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

:lol:

I am trying very hard to resist any comments about us not leaking tries this year ....
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

What were you referring to then Daily renaming Leicester Tigers and calling them Leaky Tigers.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I don't think I can reply ..... I may get censored !

Mind, I think Wonderbra Wasps may have an up and down season this year.

Sorry .... I'll get my coat.