Advice From Spud The Dog

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

madoqua wrote:How is he with cats?

Yet to meet a dog that's a match for my pussy.
If a cat runs, he'll chase it, but with no particular malice.

If the cat stands its ground he just comes to a shuddering halt and sniffs it. He just wants to play but he's suffered several scrtaches across the nose from cats like yours.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Same with my Syd. He is really wary of cats since a big fat ginger tom gave him a swipe. There is a beautiful white cat just up the road from us who follows Syd whenever he sees him. Not quite sure whats going on there, but every so often Syd gazes back and gives the white cat a meaningful stare.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

ive got a big stupid but extremely loveable black lab who has on occasion thought he was a rabbit and tried to get in our rabbits cage and generally play with the rabbit - the rabbit would like jump on him when he was lying down and the dog wouldnt move

and he is fine with other cats and dogs - which isnt too good when the other dog is evil and barney (my dog) goes to try and play bless him

he is the same with humans as well - he is just a sweetie
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Dogs understand that they are soft and domesticated.

Whereas cats see themselves as giant predatory big cats.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

here is an interesting fact for you guys... well it might be!

if you were stuck on a desert island with your dog, your dog would stay loyal and die with you without food etc.
but if you were stuck on a desert island with yuor cat, you're cat would eat you because they only see you as like a source of food!

which reminds me........
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

My Spud defends me against everything.

I am so old that I have had hundreds of animals.

But nothing as barve as Spud. He even chased the horse that kicked me! And he's minute.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Is he anything like my Max the Indefinable though? He near enough kills me through love. He is a very large curly mutt, and if I lie down, say, sunbathing, he assumes I have met a terrible end, and rushes over and scrabbles at me with his paws, and bashes me with his nose. I leap up scratched to bits and bruised, and he is very pleased with himself for bringing me back to life. Really hope I never faint.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Still think my pussy would win!!!!!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Oh I'm sure you're right. He may be massive but he's a complete nonce. Swimming in the river last week a rock startled him!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I used to have a really big Irish Wolfhound.

I once took him to Newark show where there were around 30 Wolfhounds and mine was the biggest.

He'd lay down on the kitchen floor and the cats would climb on top of him and go to sleep. They used to love the gentle ride they got as he breathed in and out.

Usually he would wake up first but he would just raise his head and look at the cats. He daren't get up properly because he knew all the sleeping cats would fall off. So he'd just lay there wide awake allowing the cats to carry on kipping.