Testimonials

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kirstyf
Tiger Cub

Testimonials

Post by Kirstyf »

Just out of interest - does anyone know whose testimonial season it is this year?

I haven't seen anything about it and I've already got a queue of people asking me about ladies night!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hi Kirsty,

I understand Austin, and Leon are having a joint testimonial year this year. I don't know when there testimonial games will be.
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

Whatever happened to Will Johnson's Testimonial game from last season - he still hasn't had it.................... :roll:
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

It was postponed/cancelled due to a busy end-of-season. (Premiership Final & then everyone off on International Tours soon after)

Johnno excepted, Tigers haven't had a testimonial game for anyone since Matt Poole's Sevens Tournament in 2000.
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

So Neil Back's testimonial game was a figment of my imagination then :wink:
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

That was a bit different. That was a fixture that would have gone ahead anyway (vs Barbarians) but was reclassified as a Testimonial rather than a friendly.

The ABC club, Westy, Hamilton and the other players who have had testimonial seasons since 2000 have all gone without testimonial matches.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Matt Poole's testimonial Sevens tournament was one of the best things the club has ever organised. A great day out well organised. Though Pooley was severely shown to not be a Sevens player!!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

My f-i-l has just told me that leon lloyd's testimonial will be a rematch with original players of a cup final in 96 between bath and tigers - anyone else heard this? Would be a belter of a game.....
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Dave W wrote:My f-i-l has just told me that leon lloyd's testimonial will be a rematch with original players of a cup final in 96 between bath and tigers - anyone else heard this? Would be a belter of a game.....
There's a thread on it which quotes an article from the Mercury. Does look like a cracker. Better still if they turn out in replica 1996 jerseys - they should produce a good load of them and sell them through the shop - I'd have some of that. Go on Leon - you know you want to!

http://www.tigers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11386
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Thanks Gate, missed it previously. Looks as though it will be a belter, can't wait!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...