Bestest thing I ever bought/was given.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bestest thing I ever bought/was given.

Post by madoqua »

I'm collecting a new VW Eos cabrio today. Will be the best thing I ever bought.

I'm 50+ but I feel about 5!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Enjoy, my friend.

The best thing I bought recently was one of those handbag size portable fans for £1.99! It's bright green and slightly noisy, but it doesn't half wack out a draught!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Best thing i ever bought....probably my ipod. expensive, but well worth the money.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Fender Stratocaster.

Made in the USA 1975 and been in our family ever since.

It's mine now. :lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The best thing I was ever given was/is a smallish metal carving fork. It's invaluable - checking fruit cake is cooked, prodding vegetables to see if they're done, holding small pieces of meat to carve up - I have many uses for it. It belonged to my Granny, and has had a wooden handle put on it when the old handle cracked and fell apart. My Mum had it after Granny died, and used it until she went into residential care. Now I have it - and both myself and my daughter use it when we're cooking. It's known as "The Granny Fork" :D

The most recent "best thing I ever bought" is my Tigers season ticket!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I've got no idea what the best thing i've bought is, i'll get back to you, although it might be my Creative Zen, Cheap for what it is, cheaper than ipods, sturdier than ipods, more reliable than ipods, don't brake unlike ipods, and does all the same as an ipod.

Jess how can an ipod be the best thing you've bought, unless yours didn't brake, but most of my mates hav broken, they're shocking and its disgraceful how unreliable and rubbish most of them are.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

mine has never broken. it has proven to be very reliable. my only regret is that i didn't get one with a bigger memory (i got a mini which only holds 1000 songs and i've already got that amount)
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Fair enough if yours has been reliable but i still say Creative are better. 1000 how can you have 1000 already i've got a Zen that holds 10,000 and i've only got 360 summit.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Tsk! :roll:

The kids of today.

Try driving 120 miles a day with just 6 CDs to rotate.

Next time I'm at a karaoke I'll be able sing the entire back catalogue of Green Day, AC/DC and The Zutons without having to read the words.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

My hifi.

Lovely set of technics seperates. Bought as a set 7 years ago instead of going on a lads holiday. Still have it, still brilliant, nothing's ever gone wrong with it. and it still looks wonderful (all brushed metal and light wood speakers).
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

urrrr dont know - best thing ive been bought was probably my netball and netball post, although i agree with jess my ipods fantastic wouldnt be able to cope in the carn on holiday with out it - mines got 1500 capacity and currently have like 900 songs on there.

although i will probably fall in love with my trampoline and there are few clothes n shoes that i really like!! and i love my rugby shirts
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Has to be my Tigers season ticket. :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

has to have been my horse . . . . but i have since sold him so in one lot he was the best thing ever bought and the worst thing ever sold!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Kinoulton wrote:Fender Stratocaster.
:lol:
Oh if I had one it would be. Lucky you. I have an Epiphone Firebird which sounds fantastic, looks great, but falls over all the time because of its silly shape. Definitely the best present ever though from husband - though I'm sure HE regrets it!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Sim wrote:Fair enough if yours has been reliable but i still say Creative are better. 1000 how can you have 1000 already i've got a Zen that holds 10,000 and i've only got 360 summit.
how long have you had your zen? i can see why a lot of people think zens are better, you probably get more for your money. but i got my ipod before zens really emerged. i've had my ipod for 1 and a 1/2 years. got a lot of songs from friends. some from my sister. some is mine. i don't know really