Out of interest -

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Chesterfield Chris... I know what you are saying about Barf... in the early 90s there was some competition and I always loved Tigers to win. Now I kind of feel sorry for them ;) Especially after they nearly got relegated a couple of years ago.

I think London Irish are just a bogy team. I've got no grudges. They are not sour when they lose. The Pests, however, are sour when they lose and gloat when they win. And unfortunately recently, they have been doing a lot of gloating. That is the reason for my disliking of them. It doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a COLD (!!) beer with the supporters though ;)

SilensFatuus, as my punishment, I'll have to start liking Gloucester again. ;) As Chris says, compared to Barf, I do anyway :)
Kirstyf
Tiger Cub

Post by Kirstyf »

Has to be Wasps. I always seem to get stuck next to the most obnoxious fans imaginable - I'm beginning to think they don't have any other kind!

Plus I'm still holding a grudge for them wrecking Johnno's last game for the Tigers.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Pellsey, that's well said about the Pests. I don't like the way they gloat and are sour when they lose too. I haven't enjoyed a cold beer with any of their supporters! :wink:

Kirstyf, you can't blame Wasps for wanting to win the Premiership Final, disappointing though it was that they won and it spoilt Johnno's last game. Its the Pay-offs system that caused them to win a trophy which should have been ours by right that season.

Kate - not having a go but surely one mindless idiot can't be the only reason you don't now like Irish there has to be more to it then that! :wink: We have had one or of those at Tigers!
Last edited by simon redshaw on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'll do a 180 degree here and say who I like.

Leeds. Really enjoyed the trips up there. The crowd are very friendly and humorous. Maybe it's because the ground is slap in the middle of the student area.

Such a relaxing change from the many death-defying trips I've made to Elland Road over the years. :shock:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

It has to be Sarries, if only for the deliberate and dangerous violence with which their forwards played against us, especially in Johnno's last match against them. :evil:

However, Castaignette is my favourite non-Tiger player. Not quite as interesting as Austin, but close! :wink:

I like to see Wasps lose, but think their backs are good to watch. Northampton are friendly rivals - I was quite pleased when Tigers lost to them about 15 months ago thereby ensuring Saints stayed in the Premiership. A Premiership without Tigers and Saints would be unthinkable. London Irish I respect for the wonderful turnaround in their fortunes last year which resulted from great attacking play. Bath are just plain boring, and Gloucester have lost their edge. Gone are the days when Tigers could grind out a win at Gloucester or Bath, and feel like it was a mammoth achievement.
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Pete wrote: Gloucester have lost their edge. Gone are the days when Tigers could grind out a win at Gloucester or Bath, and feel like it was a mammoth achievement.
We're getting it back. Watch our young boys...so passionate and you know magic happens when Lamb and Allen are on a run together *reminises* :D
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions