Tickets - or rather lack of them

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tickets - or rather lack of them

Post by tigerstotty »

As a member, but non-season ticket holder, I am now going to have a good old moan!!

I've been reading the thread about the Munster game and am now in a very bad mood because, as usual, the chances of getting a ticket for this match look like being zero.

And before anyone starts telling me to avoid this I should buy a season ticket, I should tell you that on Monday I bought tickets for all home matches this season, except two (one premiership and one Anglo/Welsh) due to holiday commitments. The only reason I don't buy a season ticket is because of the frequent changes of dates to Friday night matches, which coming from Hull I have no chance of getting to in time unless I take the afternoon off work.

When tickets went on sale on Monday, I was on the phone with bells on by 10am. However, without exception I have been unable to get tickets in the A&L stand (where I have sat for the last 8 seasons).

This is now beyond a joke. For goodness sake, get your skates on Tigers and do something about this, SHARPISH!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tickets - or rather lack of them

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

tigerstotty wrote:As a member, but non-season ticket holder, I am now going to have a good old moan!!

I've been reading the thread about the Munster game and am now in a very bad mood because, as usual, the chances of getting a ticket for this match look like being zero.

And before anyone starts telling me to avoid this I should buy a season ticket, I should tell you that on Monday I bought tickets for all home matches this season, except two (one premiership and one Anglo/Welsh) due to holiday commitments. The only reason I don't buy a season ticket is because of the frequent changes of dates to Friday night matches, which coming from Hull I have no chance of getting to in time unless I take the afternoon off work.

When tickets went on sale on Monday, I was on the phone with bells on by 10am. However, without exception I have been unable to get tickets in the A&L stand (where I have sat for the last 8 seasons).

This is now beyond a joke. For goodness sake, get your skates on Tigers and do something about this, SHARPISH!
If you have bought tickets for all games bar 2, surely a season ticket would have been cheaper.

If you had bought a season ticket it would have included a ticket for the Munster game & the other 2 pool games.

By buying tickets for all but 2 games, you also must have bought tickets for games that are on Fridays, as some have already been penciled in for Fridays.

What exactly do you want 'Tigers' to do? I am not a 'Tigers' fan, but cannot see why you are so angry with them. Do you suggest that they hold back season tickets, for people like yourself who wish to pick & choose the games they want to go to. Instead of people who want to put their money up front for all the games? I do sympathise with you, but You have only highlighted your particular problem, but not offered a viable solution.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Without wishing to belittle your situation, what CAN the club do about that? We tried to move to the Walkers Stadium to allow more people to get tickets, a commitment has been made to increase capacity at Welford Road... Unfortunately there is a significantly higher number of fans that want tickets than there is capacity in the stadium. Until we get a bigger ground there's not a lot the club can do. The only answer to being able to sit where you want is to buy a season ticket I'm afraid. I appreciate this doesn't help you much but be grateful you've got tickets to the games you wanted with the exception of Munster, which as always is an exceptional situation due to Munster's massive following for big games.
I'm in the same boat when I try and get tickets to see Liverpool at Anfield. I can never get the Kop where I would always sit given the chance, and getting any tickets at all is almost impossible unless you can make a midweek game, which I now find myself less able to do. As a result I didn't get to a single game at Anfield last season.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

The point is they have been talking about doing something about it for years - and here we are again.

And no stevetelecom, there are currently no Friday night home matches according to the fixture list. I am sure that over time that will change, but at least I'll be able to sell and post on to other fans which I would not be able to do with a season ticket.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Iain wrote: I'm in the same boat when I try and get tickets to see Liverpool at Anfield. I can never get the Kop where I would always sit given the chance, and getting any tickets at all is almost impossible unless you can make a midweek game, which I now find myself less able to do. As a result I didn't get to a single game at Anfield last season.
get a fancard and then you can apply online, gives you ooh, a 2% chance of getting a ticket. or live on merseyside and have connections :wink: i'm screwed this season with tigers, trying to save for travelling and getting debts paid off, i can't afford to renew my membership which ran out 22nd of this month as i no longer can just stick it on my credit card, so when i get paid mon there'll be jack left, so i'm just gonna start goin to away games instead, barf, quins, sarries, oirish, its all on my hit list, quite fancy cardiff blues too :lol:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Rubymint

Post by Rubymint »

Ooops

The Bristol fixture is on Fri 22nd Dec 06 @ 19:45 ......
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Yeah and that is the one I haven't booked due to holiday
Waggy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Waggy »

Iain, didn't know you was a fellow Red. New signings look good. I'v been on the waiting list for season tickets at anfield for 6 years. I do believe it's dead mans shoes. All of my family live up there so was just hoping to go to games when tigers not playing, but fat chance of that.
Just for the record i think i'm 25,000th in the q for a ticket :oops:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

If its any consolation Iain and Waggy, its generally just the same at Arsenal for Red Members and probably too for season ticket holders. Possibly it will be a bit better with the increased capacity at the Emirates Stadium.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Simon talking of tickets, the tickets for the game at MP are now on sale. Are you going to order online? Or do you want me to pick one up for you?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Steve, please could you pick one up for me. It might be easier that way.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

The problem is and i was told quite blatently by a ticket office person last year when i phoned up is that in the womens own words "for some reason we keep selling season tickets like theres no tomorrow and it means people like yourself have little chance of getting tickets" she then went on to say "they sell more and more each year"

So there you, its the club seeliong more season tickets each year, yes the demand might be more and more each year but until they redevelop i don't think they should be doing this.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a simple solution for people who are not season ticket holders and therefore wont get to the Munster game. Contact the club and ask them to move the game to the Walkers stadium. Twice the attendance, so you should get a ticket. Also Munster will get 5000 tickets for the game. Mind you there will be nearer 10000 on the day. But it means eveyone will be happy :lol: Wont they? :wink BTW dont reply to this and use the word fortress, because WR is not. Remember the ERC 1/4 final against Munster. Anyway its about time you lot won at Walkers isnt it. :lol: