jonah lomu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

jonah lomu

Post by hodge »

is it a surprise that jonah has gone back to nz already and does anyone actually know what club has signed him up

also did he ever score a try for cardiff ??????
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Keep up with the news chappy.

He only signed for Cardiff so he could play in the NZ off-season.

He's gone home to play for a province and has now suffered yet another injury.

He didn't run off because he didn't score a try. He went because that was the plan all along.
hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

oh

thanks m8 dont really follow the celtic league
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

No worries buddy. A whole world of rugby out there, can't be expeected to know it all. Everyone gets caught out once in a while.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

He signed for North Harbour over a year ago. His stint in Cardiff was so he could build up his fitness after missing the last NPC with a shoulder injury. He now returns to North Harbour to try and break into the Blues side for the 2007 Super 14. If he doesn't, he stands no chance of playing for the All Blacks in the World Cup.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hope Jonah does well in the NZ season, he really needs it! It would be great to see him in the World Cup. I am not sure though as it has been so long since he played for the All Blacks. :( :( :(

ALL THE BEST JONAH!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Would be excellent if he did make it I agree. Realistically though I just can't see it happening. He didn't really set the world alight at Cardiff, he has struggled with injuries since he made his comeback, he is going to find it hard to get in the Blues squad with Doug Howlett and Joe Rokocoko ahead of him, let alone the All Blacks. That he has come back to the level he is at now is incredible enough, but I think the World cup will be a step too far.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Wish him all the best but I can't see him breaking into teh ABs. Too many good wingers ahead of him, not to mention some in other positions who can fill in on th ewing (eg: Muliania). If 1 or 2 picked up injuries it could be interesting, though.