Do players care about their club?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do players care about their club?

Post by madoqua »

We all know about Johnno, Backy and selected others who were forever Tigers.

I would argue that most players will play where the most pennies are and don't really care where that is.

I think that we all cheer on people sometimes who would play for anyone, and our perception of how they feel about our club is different to ours.

Football teams without an British name on the pitch are a good example. Why do we bother???
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

I hope you are not overlooking players like Rowntree, Cockerill, Garforth, Lloyd, Ellis, the Deacons, Will Johnson, or any of the others of the mass of players that have stuck with the club or come through the academy.

And when was the last time a player left because they "didn't want to play for Tigers"?
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

yeh well said unohoo.....

every time tigers sign a player they just say i am just privilaged that i will be playing for the tigers. look at the way the players reacted to losing in tkiwers in may. if they didnt care about the club they wouldnt be heart broken as we seen the tigers players were.
Come on you tigers!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

My enduring image of last season was Alex Moreno going berserk after a last minute try early in the season. He is essentially a journeyman, and has played for many a club on his way. By logic he shouldn't be that passionate. I think thats evidence enough of whether players care about their clubs.
Tigers rock
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigers rock »

I think plyers that come to the tigers do mean it when they say i am so glad i am playing for them bla bla bla. We are one of the best teams so i can see where they are coming from. Anyway The deacons ellis bemand chuter rowntree have l stuck to tigers and when they first came to the tigers ibet they said i am so glad i am playing for these bla bla bla etc etc
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Its a fair point and somtimes do you think the club cares about the players or do they want results at any cost , and some player that should stay ie Ross Broadfoot what a tallent why let him go , instead we buy another has been :?
is growing bonsai a big thing
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

Any player who has made it to Tigers 1st team level doesn't necessarily care about Tigers, but cares about winning above everything else. If they didn't they would be like every other club player, it is that that makes them great, combined with natural skill.
If they seem upset, it is usually personal anger, not upset for the Tigers.