Tigers v Sale

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bayf

Post by bayf »

As I have mentioned in my previous postings, I have some friends coming up to watch the game. I have been checking out this site and the guinesspremiership site. It now says that the game is tbc for the 3/4/5 sept. Where it was 2/3/4 Sept. This means that it could pottentially be played on the Tuesday?

Soccer never has to wait for Sky to pull their fingers out.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

g wrote:Jon you wouldn't have received this info with your ST. It's because we haven't renewed ours that we got the info about becoming a member and thats why they put the fixtures and times on the back so we know what matchday tickets we could apply for.

I would guess all ST holders wouldn't have received such info.
I phoned up Tigers ticket office today, they informed me that the game against Sale will more than likely be on the Sunday at 4.00, and that the fixture list on the site would be updated next week, but would be subject to fluctuation. TBH I didnt expect anything more. Tigers is a business, thats why they are sending details of forthcoming matches to potential members with an attempt to get them to join, and not to excisting season ticket holders whoose 'muller' they already have in their back pocket.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Take it from me the game is definitely on the Sunday ( 4th I think) at 4pm.

As I have said in my previous posting this is info I received through the post regarding matchday tickets. It had the full dates and times of all Tigers HOME games. The only games that had TBC next to them was the HC games.

This info has definitely come from the horses mouth ( club) so I am taking this as confirmation of dates and times.

I would ignore the Guiness Premiership sites and all the other sites if I were you.

So I would listen to the club surely if these dates hadn't been confirmed they wouldn't have informed me of matchday tickets that are available if it wasn't true.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I don't buy this thing that only potential members should be informed of the fixture changes by mail, for business reasons, ie tapping up more non-season ticket holders. Surely it is up to Tigers to treat all core and non-core fans fairly and season ticket holders are a big part of the club's business so they should be treated in the same way as other Members over such fixture changes.

Also, it wouldn't have hurt to have made an annoucement yesterday over the changes so that at least all knew and they could plan in advance.

There is some good publicity but on some things the publicity machine is still very slow.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Selfishly I hope it is on the Sunday as I dont get back from holiday until late on the Saturday so would have missed the game.

Play it on Sunday and I can go!!
Come on Tigers!!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Apologies to all at the Ticket Office and publicity about my comment about lack of information on the fixture date change for Sale. I hadn't realised that the club were waiting for SKY to make a formal announcement on the televised fixtures until Christmas before announcing on the site. I shouldn't have fired off so quickly, so apologies to all on that. I sometimes get frustrated with information being a bit slow but should be more patient! I became very confused about the whole situation!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Actually Simon I agree with you. Season ticket Holders are the ones who dish out the most money to the club and therefore should have this sort of input before any potential members do. This info we received was asking us if we would like to become members and also had matchday ticket prices and fixture list on it. It comes across to me that now Tigers have all the season ticket holders money lining their back pockets that they don't think they are important enough anymore to give this info out.

At the end of the day everyone who has paid good money into the club should be kept up to date with simple things such as kick off dates and times.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

G, Thanks for your support on the season ticket information issue. It is something that I am concerned about particularly with regard to what you have just said on the fixture lists. It is a great shame if the board feel that season ticket holders shouldn't be given the same information.

I fully agree with your last statement too.

Anyway, for all concerned, the only 7.45 p.m. televised fixture we have at the moent is away to London Irish on Boxing Day. We have a televised fixture away to Quins on Saturday 23 September at 6.30 p.m. We seem to have come out better on televised fixtures in the first half of the season.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Good morning Jon,

I think G knows more about the fixture list then me. Myself being a pretty uninformed season ticket holder!

I can definetly tell you the following times:

Sunday 3 September - Tiger vs Sale - 4p.m.

Saturday 23 September - Harlequins vs Tigers - 6.30 p.m.

Tuesday 26 December - London Irish vs Tigers - 7.45 p.m.

Those were the only three of our fixtures that I could see that had been confirmed by SKY for televised matches.

I would hope that all the other matches are currently scheduled for regulation Saturday or Sunday times, preferrably Saturday, apart from our away match to Sale which is very likely to be on a Friday night.

Certainly Jon, it is a strange situation that us season ticket holders seem to know less then other Members of the club!

One other thing, don't trust the dates written in the fixture list on the site as they have got some of the days wrong as pointed out by one or two already on this thread!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorry to hear about that Jon. :( :( :( It would have been very handy for you with the mate of yours living so close to the Stoop. I assume now that you won't be able to meet him/her now. :( :(

Just one thing though. I wrote on the unoffy forum that I was considering looking into accomodation links for those affected by the late Saturday KO for our match at the Stoop. If that helps you in anyway, I will look into that.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

One other thing:

The SKY televised list is only until December 27, so expect the odd changes to our fixtures after then! :wink:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Sorry guys the info which was just one piece of card was left by our paper shredder and guess what? Yep, it's now into a million pieces of shredded paper. :oops:

If I had known that it would have caused this much concern from STH I would have kept it and given out the info. I just assumed that everyone would have been sent the same info and as we won't be attending that many games next season we didn't think it was necessary to keep it. :oops: Sorry again for that folks.

And I hope the hierarchy are reading this and decide the next time to issue all paying supporters the same info regarding fixtures and KO times. Then that way there won't be so many stressed out people on here.

TIGERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE.