Players Who Shook the Crumbie #22: Craig Joiner

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Players Who Shook the Crumbie #22: Craig Joiner

Post by Iain »

Craig was a Scottish international wing and a very exciting signing when Dwyer lured him south of the border. Injuries were to hamper him for the first few seasons, and when he returned he struggled for a place with a lot of quality wingers on the clubs books. However, this did coincide with a horrific injury crisis in the centres, and Craig was asked to fill in at centre, and did a sterling job in the season that led to our first of four titles in a row. Very little stands out as a single moment of glory, although few will forget his crucial try against Northampton at Franklins Gardens which set us up for a win that effectively sealed the title. He received an inside pass from Leon and evaded a tackle to somehow keep his balance and slam it down on the line, and treat us all to his clay pigeon shooting celebration.
Craig eventually left to return home, but his reliable and steady play served us well during his time here.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

O yes the days when we signed decent players I rememeber it so well. Greenwood Oz and joiner I think they all shared a house
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Mat wrote:O yes the days when we signed decent players I rememeber it so well. Greenwood Oz and joiner I think they all shared a house
i think you are right Mat, i think i remember reading about it in WG autobiography.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Sometimes we forget that Bob Dwyer actually did a lot of good things for the club as well as some not so good things!