Any help for getting to bed earlier!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Any help for getting to bed earlier!

Post by simon redshaw »

Now I have a great new bed and I do generally sleep a good time now. Longer usually then I did. That's great. :D :D :D :D

My problem is getting to sleep early. Particularly in this hot weather, I find it hard to get to sleep as early as I should, but in any case because of my late working pattern and then needing to wind down a bit, I find it hard to force myself a lot of the time to get to bed early and you think you're all right, but the next morning you wake up feeling quite groggy.

I can still do some of the things I want to like work on the computer but not as brightly as I would like sometimes.

Does any of that make any sense? What would you suggest to get an earlier night? I have tried all sorts believe me! I am getting a bit to desperation stakes on this. :( :( :( :( Please help!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Any help for getting to bed earlier!

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

read Ulysses by James Joyce.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

BelperJon wrote:I know someone who could lend you a Saints DVD. :wink:
Well if it was a DVD of the Saints v Sarries game of last season, then it wouldn't work
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Good suggestions Stuart, and Jon

Particularly a Saints DVD! :wink:
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i think a bath DVD would be more appropriate
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Thans Jess, I'll certainly try that!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

get someone to give you an aromatherapy massage - using lavender and camomile oils (if you don't like the flowery smell, you can use marjoram oil but it is very strong!)

Use 2 to 3 drops of lavender and 1 of camomile in about 15 mls of a light oil (almond or jojoba) or an unscented skin lotion like E45 if you dislike oil. Massage lightly around shoulders, neck and upper chest in soft repeated soothing motion.

Failing above, a couple of drops of lavender essential oil in a warm-ish bath, or even just dropped on the pillow, will aid sleep and relaxation.

I could go into the realms of herbal tea, meditation etc but I don't want to sound too New-Age!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
matt_j_12
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by matt_j_12 »

Sleeping Pills
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Jan, I would love an arometherapy massage! Just don't know anyone to give one to me! :wink: I am not fussy what is used in the massage! :D :D :D :D

Dare I ask one of my neighbours! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

What do your neighbours look like? :lol:
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Just thinking about which of my neighbours I would like to give a massage to, and now feel sick :oops:

When it's not quite so intemperate, a milk drink is supposed to be good. I always find Countdown works, though.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

They're mostly not young, most of them are women, but I don't mind whether an older or younger woman does the massaging! :lol: :lol:

And the age hasn't affected the women's good looks! :wink:
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I have the house fan (which i nick every night) facing my on level 1, sneds me straight off to sleep, its lovely and im always nice and cold, can't say the same for my mum dad and brother but oh well, they know where the electrical store is, he he :wink:
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Nothing beats lying in bed with a bottle of wine and the crossword for me. The eyes start shutting just so spouse thinks I can't complete it because I'm SO tired ... not because I'm SO stupid. (the crossword that is - no problems finishing the wine!)

Get a little routine going like you do with babies. Bath, lavender oil massage from Rizzo, puzzle, alcohol. (perhaps substitute the alcohol for milk if it is a baby?) Do it every night at the same time and you will train yourself. If you're hot try getting an ice cold flannel by the bed and wipe behind knees and inside elbows. Its lovely and cooling. I wouldn't do the neck as it may wake you up too much. Good luck.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Think of Everton.