THREAT OF MORE RAIL STRIKES!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

OK Jon, point taken - I was a bit unfair on Trainline. However, I still maintain that the TOCs do have the sort of bargain tickets that you don't always see on Trainline.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I tend to use trainline.

Anecdote though. Me and three other blokes were getting a train from Loughborough to Sheffield and it just so happened that the bloke buying the tickets knew the girl behind the counter.

He was about to book four straight forward day returns costing about a squillion quid when she informed him about some deal called The Super Saturday Four Blokes Out To Watch a Game and Get Well Lagered and Be Back Before 8pm Super Duper Whopper Saver, or some such thing that didn't roll off the tongue.

Basically because there were 4 of us and something to do with the time of travel, we went for next to nothing. But how is Joe Public meant to know this? It wasn't advertised anywhere.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Excellent news! Glad that both parties have been able to broker a deal for the benefit of all and that commense sense has prevailed.

BTW, I mentioned a while back in this thread about whether ballot papers were going to be sent out to CWU members such as myself. RM and the CWU came to a a very detailed agreement on future conditions and pay and working arrangements and how to build a working arrangment for the future benefit of all concerned. There will therefore not be a ballot and any possibility of a postal strike has been avoided.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Good to hear that Simon. I think that strikes can be remarkably divisive among workforces, and in some circumstances can lose the strikers their public support.

At least I can take my few days in the New Forest next week without worrying how I was going to get home (8 hours on a coach? How's about 'No'!).
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex