Wimbledon Tips

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

If Henman even gets past Federer I will sleep out in the field with my donkey for the whole of July.

That's a promise.

But having said that, you don't know who I am! :lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I see Amelie Mauresmo beat Justine Henin-Hardenne in three sets in the Ladies Final. I didn't see the match but it sounded good and it was time that Mauresmo won a Wimbledon after going out so much in the semis. Mind you Henin-Hardenne is due a Wimbledon win also. Maria Sharapova lost in the semis to Amelie Mauresmo. I don't think Sharapova has the temperament to win the big tournaments (O.K. she won Wimbledon once but that was just a flash in the pan!) and also there is much more competition in the ladies.

Same old Men's pairing - Federer vs Nadal. You would expect Roger Federer to win another Wimbledon but I wouldn't put it past Rafael Nadal to pull off a relative upset on grass. He is the only player to bear Roger Federer on any consistent basis.

One sad event - Martina Navratilova has played her last match at Wimbledon. :( :(
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i am full of admiration for Martina Navratilova. she is almost 50, and still at a high enough level to compete with all these youngsters. she is a true wimbledon legend.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Well, i was wrong about Rafael Nadal!!

That's very well said about Martina Navratilova. She has done very well to keep going and to still win the odd tournament particularly the odd doubles one at Wimbledon at as you say 50. A remarkable lady. A true Wimbledon legend. She also has a book out! (Shameful plugging!!)
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

does anyone know if agassi has got a book out? thinking about getting it for my mums bday...

and i missed the beginning of the mens final due to work :roll: but i didnt want either to lose!!! love nadal he's a star but federer is brilliant and such a lovely person! suppose nadal got the french :roll:
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hannah, I haven't found anything yet on Andre Agassi for this year but will keep looking.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

thanks simon but i dont think he has done an autobiog... thinking about maybe getting Macenroe's one...

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes, that should be very interesting. :D :D

BTW, a big Happy Birthday to your Mum whenever it is! :wink:
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

:D not til the 29th!

and as we're on the topic of tennis... you may like to know that my uncle is in the mens and doubles finals at tunbridge wells club! dont know what the tournament was... but im off to watch on sat!! think he once had the chance to play at wimbledon (not sure of the story) but he was having problems with his elbow!

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

just to let you know... he got the double!! and his serve is soo fats, apparently when he went to wimbledon for this thing they measured his serve and it was faster than one of the pro players!

Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

well done to him :D
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot