Latest from Lords

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Radio 4 Longwave, 198. Well worth a listen if you're amongst a minority that actually has a Long Wave radio setting.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Iain, I haven't listened to Test Match Special in a long time! Also, hope all your wishes come true! Kevin Pietersen getting a Test wicket was great. Now we need Paul Collingwood to get one! :roll: :roll:
Last edited by simon redshaw on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I went to today's play at Lords. I enjoyed the day. Pakistan's tail were wrapped up fairly comfortably by England. 445. England finished on 258-7. Nice to see Andrew Strauss getting a hundred. I thought that England lost their way after their bright early start although Pakistan bowled well in the second half of the day especially Danish Kaneria. Still, 284 runs and 10 wickets isn't bad. And you could get the tube to St John's Wood this time! :D :D
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Some people reckoned that England should have been in a position to declare up to 15 overs early. Personally, I would feel that you would then have needed to set 400 and that would have meant scoring at over 5 runs an over until the close of the innings which is not that easy in Test cricket. It would have been nice though to have have been able to declare 400 ahead at the end of play, but not to be sadly. :( :(

One thing of note apart from the cricket is that former Kent and England cricketer, Chris Cowdrey has written a children's book. Its called Freddie meets Freddie. Sounds interesting for toddlers! :wink:
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Pakistan need 380 to win but are 0-1 after the first ball
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Pakistan now 92-2 with 51 overs remaining, looks like it is going to be a draw.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

116-3 with 40 minutes until tea to go.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Yey go Monty! Inzamam now in. it doesn't get any easier...
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

oh dear, draw it is
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Oh well, I suppose it was always likely to be that result. Mike Holding wasn't happy in the commentary box about England's tactics and said that they were going back to the old safety first tactics. Ian Botham said England missed a trick and should have had five overs or so bowling at Pakistan last night. I don't personally like these sort of pitches where the batsman is favoured and the bowler has to really struggle for a wicket. That said, Monty bowled well yesterday and with more luck might have had a few more wickets.

One viewer called Betty said how smart the commentators looked. David Lloyd then told a story about how Athers turned up one time in worn out old shirt and trousers and old university shoes!! :lol: :lol: