Munster game in Cork

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Munster game in Cork

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

This is the life sitting in the sun with my laptop 8) . ...Just wondering how many of you from here are going to the match in Cork. I know of 3 incuding meself & Simon (I take it your still going Simon). Im going to be in Limerick that weekend & will be traveling down traveling down for the game. Im flying from EMA on Thurs to Shannon. Traveling back on Sunday.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I am going. Its just that having never flown to Cork before, I am not sure which is the best airline to go with. I need to go from Heathrow or Gatwick preferrably. If you or anyone else can help that will be great.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

I'll see you there simon/steve.. looking forward to it.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Simon Ryanair fly from Gatwick & Stanstead to Cork I believe. As good as anyone cheap & cheerful.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Steve, for the benefit of anyone tempted, it might be worthwhile you giving them a link to buy a ticket for the match.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

im hoping there wont be much demand for tickets on my end!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Munster game in Cork

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Got flights from BMI Baby from Birmingham to Cork £55 return including taxes. My main concren now is getting match tickets. Had no info from Tigers ticket office on whether they expect to have some for sale. Anybody got any ideas.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Both Tigers and Munster have confirmed to me that tickets will be available from Welford Rd. I will be happier when I have the tickets in my hand. As soon as I know anything more I will post it on here. Tigers ticket office did say that they would post the ticket details on the site anyway.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Me and a mate are going from Stansted on Thursday evening. WE are staying at the Ambassador's Hotel in Cork. Tickets will be available from the Tigers in the next few weeks.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That sounds great Tiger Cam! :D :D :D I'll look out for the Ticket sales with Tigers. Out of interest, where in Cork is the Ambassador's Hotel?
susieblue

Post by susieblue »

Me & the hubby are going. Flying out from Brum with BMIBaby on Wed and having a couple of days in Cork. Can't wait.. :lol:
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

simon redshaw wrote:That sounds great Tiger Cam! :D :D :D I'll look out for the Ticket sales with Tigers. Out of interest, where in Cork is the Ambassador's Hotel?
Not too sure really? Its about 10 min walk from the City centre I believe? I found this in a review of the place.

It's close to the centre of things. Plenty of pubs and restaurants. Those I would recommend are the Old Oak in Oliver Plunket Street for a large friendly pub for watching sports or live music and the John Tompkins on the river. Top venue for sure though is The Beale Street Blues Bar on the Quay. Great atmosphere, live blues and nice staff. A must visit. If you're hungry then don't miss Scoozis down behind the Old Oak. I had the best steak I've had in ages. Top joint.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Thanks for all your Tips on pubs and restaurants, Tiger Cam. Plenty of great places to visit there. :D :D :D :D You have been a big help. :D :D
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I wrote to the Munster Ticket office regarding the upcoming Friendly and they say that tickets for the match aren't on release yet, but that information on ticket sales will be posted on the Munster site later this month.

Hope that is of further help to all.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

simon redshaw wrote:I wrote to the Munster Ticket office regarding the upcoming Friendly and they say that tickets for the match aren't on release yet, but that information on ticket sales will be posted on the Munster site later this month.

Hope that is of further help to all.
I phoned them Simon. Was given the same info. No surprise that we used differing forms of contact considering the industrys we both work in :lol: Mind you as they havent even confirmed the game on the Munster site, a site BTW that hasn't been updated since the 11th July, I wouldn't hold your breathe on that one. When they go on sale at WR I am happy to pick one up for you, when & if I get mine. Dependent on availability of course. They seem quite sure that they will bve recieving an allocation.