Latest from Lords

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Latest from Lords

Post by simon redshaw »

Here's the latest on day two of the 1st Test:

England 361-4

Alistair Cook fell to the new ball. Paul Collingwood is still in and Ian Bell has 21 so far. Looking good for 450+ at the moment. I know Pakistan had the same butter fingers as us at Lords but its good to see England doing so well again after recent mishaps. :D :D :D :D

Keep it going lads!!
Last edited by simon redshaw on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

373-4. Paul Collingwood has his highest Test score.
:D :D
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i was watching a quiz show last night (pokerface, anyone see it?) anyway, i digress, there was a question about terms in cricket. they really are quite ridiculous arent they? i cant actually remember them because they were so crazy! i found it highly amusing i must say.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I know what you mean.

I was asked to play cricket for the village and instead of saying, "No thanks, I haven't played since school" I just said yes.

All very well until the captain is setting his field and says things like "Levo, you go and stand at silly point."

You what?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree silly point is a strange term!! And there are a few others like Long Leg!! :wink:

BTW England are 426-4 at lunch with Paul Collingwood nearing a double century and Ian Bell on 43. What a change after that recent series against Sri Lanka!

Also, some news on injured Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar. He is going to do some training with Warwickshire and play some club cricket in the hope of getting fit for later in the tour.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

England looking very comfortable. Pakistan really do not seem to be making much progress.

Hope Colly gets his double century. With Bell looking good, it is going to be very interesting to see what happens when Freddie and Vaughan return.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

shame he didn't get his double century
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well here I go again. Geraint Jones. Grrrrrrrrr.

Nothing against the chap, he's suffering with the bat and that's that. But as the Radio 5 pundit said just now:

"If you don't score runs, no matter what you do with the gloves, you get dropped. However, Duncan Fletcher is a very big fan of Geraint Jones."

Well I'm a big fan of Penny Smith but so what?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Great day for England - three centuries, three Pakistan wickets, and Collingwood - WHAT A CATCH!

Keep up the good work, fellas
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Kin I have the same feelings regarding Geraint Jones although I am living in Kent. Nothing personal too against Geraint but he shouldn't be in the England team on current performances with the bat. But as the Radio 5 pundit suggests he will keep his place. And don't get me started on Duncan Fletcher. Grrr on him also. His one-eyed and biased selection policies aren't helping England's cause. Chris Read should be in the team now.

Penny Smith is nice isn't she?! :D :D
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Debbie, as you say a great day for England. Pakistan 66-3. Colly takes another of his great catches! There are many proud people up in Durham!! :D :D :D :D

Jess, as you say a difficult selection equation once Freddie, and Michael Vaughan are back. If the latter of course comes back. That is in doubt at the moment. My own view is that you shouldn't drop any of Paul Collingwood, Alistair Cook and Ian Bell on their first innings scores and that England would go into the next Test with 6 good batsmen, a fit and hopefully explosive allrounder, a dodgy wicketkeeper, and three good bowlers.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Pakistan lost Sami early and Mohammed Yousuf and Inzamam have added 97 since. Pakistan 165-4 at Lunch. Tough going at the moment.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Not been great for England today. :( Pakistan are 409-7. Mohammad Yousuf still there on 185 with Shaid Afridi. Well done Pakistan. Inzamam made 69, Kamran Akmal made 58. KP took his wicket.

Mohammad Yousuf has contributed his considerable form this year to his conversion from Christianity to the Islam Faith. Well, there you go! :wink:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There is life on mars, Robinson will win the World Cup for England, weapons of mass destruction will be found and I will marry a rich princess. Pieterson has taken a test wicket!

Being on the road almost all of today from Brighton to Leicester via London enabled me to listen to Test Match Special fully, it is an absolute institution! I'd forgotten just how much!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Where do they air it these days? Wavelength wise, I mean!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex