THREAT OF MORE RAIL STRIKES!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Great - how do you get from Salisbury to Leicester without trains?

What a bunch of bar stewards, b*ggering up people's holidays!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Whats new, when isn't there some sort of strkie action happening.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Same old story with those RMT basketcases again!! :twisted: :twisted:

I was planning to go up to the London on the July 22 for Dennis Bergkamp's Testimonial at the new Emirates Stadium (If I managed to get a ticket!) :roll: :roll:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

:roll: Actually strikes are quite rare in this country nowadays. Also the RMT have done their utmost to avoid strike action. It's the member's that have forced their hand. Anyway Simon the strike (if it goes ahead) will be over by midday on Saturday giving you enough time to get to your soccer game (if you get a ticket). So no problem there. Save your money for your trip to Cork...
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I know they're rare but the same union did threaten strikes when the World Cup was on! I may not have made it back from Darlington on the Sunday! I understand what you mean with their members. We are supposed to be having a ballot at the CWU over possible strike action. Hopefully, all will see sense there and avoid disruption to the postal service and give competitors more reason to succeed. I will see about the soccer game. I haven't seen a Gooners game for some time so that's one reason. Cork is something to look forward to. :D :D
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

simon redshaw wrote:I know they're rare but the same union did threaten strikes when the World Cup was on! I may not have made it back from Darlington on the Sunday! I understand what you mean with their members. We are supposed to be having a ballot at the CWU over possible strike action. Hopefully, all will see sense there and avoid disruption to the postal service and give competitors more reason to succeed. I will see about the soccer game. I haven't seen a Gooners game for some time so that's one reason. Cork is something to look forward to. :D :D
Will it be a postal ballot. :lol:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes you guessed right Steve!! :lol: :lol:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Steve, I missed out on the ticket I was referring to. Partly because of the internet ticket sales function isn't working properly on the Arsenal site and the ticket sales line was very busy.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Sounds familiar! :lol:

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Very true!! :lol:
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I suppose it is comforting to know that it's not just Tigers!

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

It certainly is!

I very rarely go to an Arsenal match as the tickets are hard to come by and I like to go to the rugby more. The new stadium is on its third stage of ticket sales so 54,000 tickets were on sale although only a small amount to the Red level which is my current level. On the site you could get great views of where you'd be sitting if you could order anything, but every time I tried to order a ticket, I was told I had too many tickets ordered or something similiar. I hadn't even managed to order any in the first place! Couldn't they have just said there were no tickets available there and then?! The Telephone line was bad too.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I spent about an hour on-line trying to book cheap rail tickets to get my daughter and her boyfriend from Newcastle to either Doncaster, Newark of Grantham.

Whichever train I tried I just kept getting a message that the cheap tickets were sold out. It kept demanding huge amounts.

Finally I got some medium priced tickets for the 10 a.m. A bit later than I wanted but there was nothing available on the 9:00 and 9:30.

They got to a virtually deserted Newcastle station at 9:25 a.m.

The 9:30 was there ready to depart so they got on it. It was empty!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sounds very true, Kin! I bet everyone was put off the 9.30 train from Newcastle for the same reason.

The wonders of intenet sales! He says in a sarcastic tone.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Kinny - at the risk of sounding like a train bore, did you use Trainline or Virgin? Or, if they were going to Donny, the GNER website?

Trainline is rubbish, but if you use the Train Operating Companies websites, you get a much bigger choice, usually.

The really cheapo tickets have a limited number per train, so the thing could still be half empty but all the cheap tickets will have gone.

We went First Class to London for £18 the other week. Now that was good!

Sponsored by Kleenex