Innuendo

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Innuendo

Post by Iain »

Last time I checked, this forum was the Leicester Tigers Welford Road Chit Chat forum. It most certainly is not Yahoo Adult Chat or Online Dating. If it was I would have no problem with the levels of innuendo creeping in, but since it is actually an off-topic rugby forum used by all ages it isn't on. I've been quite tolerant of this for quite a while, the worst offenders know who they are. But this stops NOW. Otherwise I will have to start deleting offending posts, running the risk of more hassle from the forum for actually moderating the board.

Just use your common sense.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Iain, what sort of things are you talking about regarding the innuendo? I am a little confused. Apologies if anyone has been upset.

Maybe a few guidelines of what not to say might help.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm pretty sure you can talk to each other without using sexual references. As I have said before, I shouldn't need to draw up guidelines as it should all just be common sense.

I have a responsibility to the club (unpaid I might add) to make sure this forum is appropriate for all ages to use. The worst case scenario would be if this forum became too much of a burden to be constantly moderating it would be closed down.

Just keep it clean and I won't have to make posts like this again and can pretty much leave you to it. Thats all I ask.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

O.k. that's fine, Iain. I wasn't sure where you were coming from that's all. I hadn't realised any posts were causing offense but I was wrong I suppose.

I can see what you're saying about making the forum suitable for all ages and of course we don't want it to close down. I can't speak for anyone else but I can imagine they would be equally apologetic.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Yes I too would like to apologise if my innuendo has upset anyone.
Just having a laugh with the mad Kinny...... I see Iains point that this is a family site but no swear words have been used, or insults. It seems the goalposts have been moved in the middle of the game.

According to Iain I cannot post without trying to pick up a man, which I am furious about, Yes I started on here with my "New Bloke Required" post and I have made many friends both male and female and have posted on lots of topics both on the chit chat and the rugby forums.. If any of my posts are out of order, then surely they should be deleted at the outset.???????? Is that not a better idea.

I have had an incredibly tough time with my last boyfriend in the last two years. I have been going to counselling to help me move on in my life. I would like to thank everyone on here for helping me through the toughest of times. I have laughed (and cried with the passing of little Jack) but feel this site is full of warmth and I will continue to post.
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Kaye, good stuff. I am usually much stronger myself but couldn't be bothered today.

I can't add to what you have said. I'll only get myself onto the wrong footing. You can say it much better then me.

This site needs to stay as one where people continue to feel warmth such as what Kaye is talking about and to feel happy to post. As well as promoting a family forum we need that too.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thank you Simon for that. Iain has apologised for that remark, so big hugs to Iain. XOXOXO :D
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

sometimes it's easy to forget that anyone of any age can access this board, you don't even have to be registered to read it. I'm sure I've been guilty of overstepping the mark from time to time. And whilst some of the youngsters today are far more savvy than I was at that age, it's still better to think before I post. :oops:

There's always the PM function anyway, and I've been in email contact with some people from here too, that way we can exchange totally frank comments and views without problem.

Ashby Rock Chick, if you ever need a listening ear, do feel free to PM or email me :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rizzo, you are a star, thank you so much. Big hugs to you darlin. XXOOXXOO :? :D
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You soft lot!

Don't go corrupting our younger members with all that mushy tripe. :lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i never read any of your posts ashby rock chick, but i hope you are getting on ok. i had a pretty hard time with my last boyfriend. i dont know the extent of your troubles, but i can assure i can relate on some level. so best of luck!

and sorry mr moderator! dont think im guilty of it, but sorry if i am!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Orla thanking you too. I'm coming over for the Munster friendly soon. maybe we can share a beer together (or two). :lol: I'll PM you with more details.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I agree with you Iain well said.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)