I've moved !!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

I've moved !!

Post by westwinds31 »

Top tip....never move house !!

1. Allocated wrong house by the Forces...had to move down the road !!

2. Car nearly broke down on M42 on the drive down !

3. Nightmare getting son into school we wanted !

Apart from that and fed up of boxes.....its not too bad !! :wink:
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Moving in this weather must be a nightmare.

When we moved to where we are now, there was 9 inches of snow on the ground - not good.

Hope you get everything sorted soon.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Manxie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Manxie »

You think that's bad, we've just spent 10 months with most of our stuff in storage while we had a 2 storey extension built. The original budget ended up being a third of what we finally had to pay, at one point we were living in our bedroom and we had to rescue one of our neighbours sheep from the hole we dug for our septic tank. I did spent 2 nights in a hotel when I finally couldn't take anymore. All we have to do now is unpack the 57 boxes of stuff we have in storage.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That sounds really bad Manxie and the fact you ended up paying much more for your extension. :( :( Hope the extension turned out well and you have managed to reover some of your extra costs.

I haven't been to the Isle Of Man but it seems a really great place to visit so I'll will go there someday.

Westwinds, sorry to hear about your problems as a result of your move through the Forces. Hope all is well now and you are in a nice area.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Thanks...all well now.....went into town yesterday.....there were a lot of Glaws shirts about...should be interesting once the winter sets in and I am in my array of Tigers shirts walking around !!! :wink:
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Good one westwinds! Keep wearing your Tigers shirt proudly :lol:
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I just away for the weekend with my Explorer Scout group, it was in Gloucestershire.
Imagine my surprise when I'm strutting around in my Glaws shirt to see a Tigers shirt in front of me!

Anyone from this board by any chance?
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Sounds like you've had a fun time then, why have you been moved westwinds i didn;t think they moved personal in England just to different countries. I can imagine it must be a bit of a bummer havin to move schools a lot but i suppose you get new friends and you meet a lot more new people, i always admired kids whose parents were in the forces. Are you Navy west..? I hope young westwinds settles in well to his new school and all goes well, it must be difficult, but i suppose its a way of life really. Hope you have a better few weeks from now on as well west..
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Last time I moved I woke up with flu and couldn't believe I had to go ahead with it. This was REAL flu. Not the cough-cough snivel "oh bub I can't go to school like this bub".

This was the full nine yards. I couldn't move my head.

My "mate", a 100% sheep sh***ing Derby fan was there to help.

I somehow made it thru to the afternoon by which time our white van radio was broadcasting Blackburn v Forest.

Oh deep joy. 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0. How my mate laughed and laughed and laughed. Quite the worst day of my life.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I'm so stupid just clicked you've moved down to good old Glaws! Was pretty much asleep when I posted.
I'll keep a look out for a Tigers shirt now!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions