Things to be sent to Room 101

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yes, the call I made to a certain broadband company comprising of three letters yesterday as my internet was down was a great example. I bizarrely managed to fix the problem at the exact moment the call centre picked up the phone.

Its okay I've fixe...... "tell me your IP address..." No really I've worked out he probleb the network disa...."Okay now right click on it"...... look its okay now, but why would the network just dis..... "Okay now tell me what it says......." ITS WORKING!!!! I FIXED IT!!! "Oh okay sir so you canbrowse internet now?? Haha oh that so strange!!" Bye. Give me strength.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That sounds about right!! With such call centres!

What Internet provider are you with? I am on Orange which I think took over Wanadoo which in turn took on Freeserve etc. I have problems with my searches on Orange that I didn't have with Wanadoo or its predecessors.

I used to think Royal Mail Mangers should go in Room 101 but our section has a decent manager who listens to you and the Tonbridge RM has seen some improvements although there are some lazy so and sos. So not them.

But I would like to put most of the WAGS in (Wives and Girfriends of England Football Players?) as the majority of them are pretty loutish and give this country a bad name. Not really people like Victoria Beckham as she hasn't done much wrong apart from not being able to sing since leaving the Spice Girls. :wink: She doesn't need to do much being married to David Beckham. And the Beckhams support the odd charity which is good. Also Colleen Rooney to be isn't so bad.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Room 101

That feeling you get when you bite off way too much English Mustard or Horseradish and it feels like your head's vibrating and your eyes are falling out.

Pretty women that go out with gorillas (and not me).

Local news that isn't local news. "People across the East Midlands are celebrating Christmas today." Well I flipping never!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I don't like English Mustard or any Mustard really or Horseradish myslelf.

Agree with your point about the women that go out with gorillas. I have been on the wrong end of that myself.

We get exactly the same sort of local news that isn't local news in the South-East! Or even news just for the sake of it!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Call centre people - when I had my ntl debacle, the people at the call centre were unfailingly polite. I suspect it's the instructions they have from the 'Mother Ship' that are worth condemming to Room 101

Mustard & Horseradish - absolutely!

Roll mops

Men who wear knee length white socks with shorts and sandals. I don't have a problem with men in shorts (well not often!) per se - they just need to be prepared to consider what some other people might be thinking!

Varicose veins - a most unfortunate affliction - must be condemned to 101
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Oh gawd yes. Blokes in shorts who pull their little white sports socks right up tight!

It's only right on Centre Court at Wimbledon. Everywhere else, bunch 'em round your ankles.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Centre court at wimbledon is fine for that - nice brown muscly legs....... *sigh*

It's wearing the socks with sandals that gets me.

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

DCat wrote:Centre court at wimbledon is fine for that - nice brown muscly legs....... *sigh*
Go and have a lie down dear. I'll get one of your pills.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Thank you sweetheart :|

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And that's another thing to go in Room 101.

LUCOZADE

As kids, we were given it when we were supposedly recovering from illness. Why? Having mumps and chicken pox was bad enough, but flippin Lucozade.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

80. Rain on a weekend following a scorchingly hot week.
81. Being put on hold when calling a call centre, whilst they check with a manager
82. Never being able to talk to said manager when I want to
83. Pot Noodles
84. Not being able to fully remove the three letter internet provider from a computer.
85. 3 hours and 10 minutes to the weekend.
86. The very nasty letter from my dentist saying they are going to remove me from their list, 2 days after I'd booked an appointment......
87. The bank teller who was having a jolly chat with some muppet whilst there was a queue of 40+ people in the bank (obviously they were the only person servicing - it was lunch time......THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!!!!!!!)
88. Beetroot
89. Coldcalling for 'an upgrade to your mobile phone' which I greet with excellent what have you got? To find they haven't got anything better that the one they have already provided but have wasted 15 minutes of my time (on hold see point 81) whilst they check......
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Ah I think you are referring to a different three letter internet provider to what I was. The opposite to Europe Offline I suppose? Like a disease if you ever install it!
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Iain wrote:Ah I think you are referring to a different three letter internet provider to what I was. The opposite to Europe Offline I suppose? Like a disease if you ever install it!
Indeed that would be the one............
However I have a brilliant way to by-pass their call-centre (PM for the details!!!! :wink: )
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Not being able to find the right widget at B&Q.

Asking a skinny pasty faced teenager where they are.

Watching the pasty faced teenager walk through the flappy plastic at the edge of the store.

Waiting ages for the pasty faced teenager to return through the flappy plastic.

Being told: "We used to stock them."
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

dailywaffle wrote:Ah, but this is tricky. At what age do chaps go from looking good in shorts to, well, pretty bad (even though I love wearing shorts and am clearly the wrong side of the 'age barrier' !).

And vice versa for the girls. Maybe its even the same age ??
I still look good in shorts and always have done, my bros 20 and he looks good in shorts, i dnt tend to wear horrible ones usually 3 quarter ones and kinny i agree that girls look good in mini skirts my point is if they can wear them then why can't we wear shorts. I'm always going to look good in shorts as i will always be fashionable!!