red hot chilli peppers

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TulaTiger

Post by TulaTiger »

I saw them last night at Portman Road, Ipswich. They absolutely rocked ! Played a fantastic two hour set, with a mix of old & new stuff, including a 15 minute version of Give it Away to close the show. John had some guitar problems early on, but apart from that they were all on top form. The crowd left a little to be desired as there were a good proportion of drunken football fan types, who seemed not to know most of the songs, but I guess you get that at a football stadium gig in a local town! The crowd at Hyde Park 2 years ago were definately friendlier !
TulaTiger
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

glad to hear you hda a good time tulatiger, got me even more excited now, was hoping they would do a mix of old and new stuff.

might well see you in Derby Cal, was convinced it was Wdenesday not Thursday though :? will have to revisit the diary!!

woooohhhooooo foe the chillis!!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

what else can i say but.....WOW!!! they were absolutedly amazing. am still buzzing from last night now and have had a full days work to calm me down!!

would definately reccomend that you see them live if your thinking of going to a gig, the recorded albums are nothing compared to the real thing, they are awesome live.

chili peppers rock!!

and the mentioned "children" were at Derby also, was quite lucky that we were up in the stands out of their way though!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

My friends were there last nihgt and they said it was ace. Glad you enjoyed it Iris.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

I saw them last Sunday at the Ricoh, and enjoyed the gig, but have been depressed ever since.

Whilst the Chillis were great, it's got to the point for me where the hassle associated with going to big gigs (idiots not knowing how to behave - bottle throwing especially, a minor altercation with some bonehead who wanted to push in the car park queue, not to mention the expense) isn't worth it.

Small venues only for me from now on.

Feel old. :cry:
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom