Any suggestions for passing the time?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerTimmy

Any suggestions for passing the time?

Post by TigerTimmy »

Ive finished uni and have a month and a bit till I start my new job. Problem is I ahve nothing to do between now and then (apart from dull sensible thinngs like look for a flat).

Basically can anyone suggest fun, preferably free, things to do to pass the time? Or is anyone doing anything fun themselves over the summer hols (for those of us that still have them) :D
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Weather's nice......get out and go walking or head out to a beach or something! Its either that or sit in and partake on the silly season postings on this board!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Last summer I had three months free after finishing one job and prior to starting another. I used to take the dogs for great big long walks along the Grantham canal. The dogs would have loads of fun running around, watching the ducks, getting all the new sniffs and so on.

When we'd had enough I'd take myself and the tired dogs to the Village pub and have a pint for myself and a bowl of water for the dogs.

OK, the pint cost a couple of quid but it's all I would spend all day!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

I can cope with spending a couple of quid on a beer :D
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Tiger Timmy just a variation on what Iain said. How about joining a walking club like the Ramblers (There are actually young Ramblers groups). Quite a few are under 30 let alone under 40 and apart from the walks there are meals and dance etc. Some groups are better then others but you can meet some nice people. You never know you might meet the odd lady you like!! :wink:

Another organisation which can be quite expensive but you could try every so often is SPICE who do all sorts of adventure activities and classes. Also day visits, ghost walks, magic evenings etc. I haven't been able to go for some time but I have enjoyed many of the things I have done with them and done the odd walking weekend.

Or can you go for a holiday of such to pass some of the time? :wink: