Smokers in to touch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

So its agreed - let us ban cars from the Crumbie and then we will all be happy !

More seriously g, and I do understand your point, but two wrongs and all that ? Any sane person accepts that car fumes are a problem .... but where does it end ? Air travel is a major cause of greenhouse gasses ... ban that before we ban smoking at WR ?

Small steps .... a smoking ban is to be applauded, even if (personally) I have no desire to turn smokers to 21st century lepers.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

G, the difference between smoking and car fumes is that, as a non-smoker, you notice smoking a hell of a lot more. Also you are more likely to be 1 metre away from a cigarette than from a car exhaust pipe (unless there are any car exhaust pipe smokers here!), which means you notice it a lot more. Your clothes stink of it a lot more and, in my case, I would cough for the rest of the day because of the tar in my lungs. I'm not saying car fumes are healthy, just less noticable than cigarettes.

But anyway, we should also ban cars from the Crumbie ;)
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I know lets ban supporters altogether from WR. There you go, problem sorted then nobody will have to inhale cigarette fumes, fart fumes, beer fumes or whatever other fumes we inhale that's in the atmosphere.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

That's what I like to see. A well resoned argument. :roll:
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Yeah Pete and how often do these cats work?
Typical! Somebody spends years inventing a catalytic converter for cigarettes and ................ it doesn't work!! :wink:
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

A friend tried smoking a car exhaust once and I certainly wouldn't recommend Intensive Care to the car driving establishment who think cigarettes are more harmful than car fumes. It's nice to know we will all still choke from the invisible exhaust fumes directly before and after matches in the Welford Road surrounds. If smoking can be banned in some locations, then so also can and should driving. Cleaner air for all at sporting occasions for instance. I can already hear the "yes buts" and rationalisations. :lol:
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

But smoking serves no purpose! Its just carcinogenic fumes to fuel an addiction! Im not addicted to my car but like so many others I'd be utterly stuffed without it.
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

If not an addiction, surely you can try harm minimisation, Sammy!!
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Slightly different but a little relevant - my family and I were in a supermarket carpark waiting for this lady to give up her space only to notice she had loads of "children on board" and "baby on board" stickers all over the landrover - the funnny thing was, she was happily smoking away, windows closed with to babies sitting in the back - makes sense that love, you don't want people driving up your :censored: but you're happy to kill your little babies by smoking around them - quality!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

What a silly Cow
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Iain wrote:No but I can see the 15 people around the smoker pointing and glaring at them!
and then getting a mouth full of abuse off the guilty party as has happened at other instances i have witnessed..... half the time the stewards spend more time trying to get on telly then doing there job......... sorry there are to many selfish ignorant people for this to work in somewhere as packed as the terrace.... i'm an ex smoker but my wife smokes... i don't lord it over smoker as most know what harm they are doing to them selves anyway.... but we should have smoke free when it is a crowded place... even if it is outside..
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

If anyone really wants to give up just do what i did today. I was flying back from Malaga airport at about four in the afternoon, the only place you can smoke is this shut off glass room. the minute i walked in i wanted to throw up, in 38c heat and a room with barley any air you do think twice about smoking!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Just a teensy point.

If we ban cars etc. How does the away team get to WR?

Also us, the beer, the food etc. etc.

Time to get real. When did you see Johnno with a fag?
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

Went to last Fridays game and discovered that the Club have decided, after consultation with memebers and supporters, to adopt a no smoking policy at Welford Road as from this season.

I am fully in favour of this as there is nothing worse than being in an area which is thick of cigarette smoke or having it wafting into your face.

Well done Tigers, on adopting something that is sensible and good for everbosies health.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

......and soon no singing, talking or breathing !!!.....you just know its on its way !! :wink: