Chavs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

chavs

they make me laff
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

What a fantastic example that dad was giving. It is pretty depressing. I guess we don't really have as much of a problem down here. There's plenty of poverty and guns, but we're all happy shooting rabbits instead of each other :D You can't make a good stew out of a teenager.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Cornish Tiger wrote:What a fantastic example that dad was giving. It is pretty depressing. I guess we don't really have as much of a problem down here. There's plenty of poverty and guns, but we're all happy shooting rabbits instead of each other :D You can't make a good stew out of a teenager.
Poor rabbits!!! :x
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Now I used to think "poor rabbits" too. I have become hardened to the country ways now. They are a :censored: nuisance, swarming vermin. Cute though they are. Have to confess I haaven't killed one, but I have given some a good talking to! :twisted:
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cornish Tiger wrote:Now I used to think "poor rabbits" too. I have become hardened to the country ways now. They are a :censored: nuisance, swarming vermin. Cute though they are. Have to confess I haaven't killed one, but I have given some a good talking to! :twisted:
I'll forgive you then CT. I live in the heart of the National Forest and my adopted Dad used to be my blacksmith when I had my horse. He has ferrets and shoots and hunts and taught me a bit of fly fishing last week. He had to kill the fish though, I couldn't do it. I can kill flies, ants & Wasps but couldn't kill anything bigger. I have two ferrets but they are pets. I did try them with a live mouse once, it wasn't pretty, couldn't do it again, I felt terrible for weeks. :oops:
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

Chavs almost got me injuried on Saturday, the came to my work (riding stables) and wanted water. One of my colleagues showed some where the water was and the others stayed.
They were being very loud, I was holding a 17.2hh Dutch Warmblood who was only gelded last year around mares while I waited for someone to get him a pony friend to play with in the field. Hes quite nervous and they were being quite loud and shving each other. Contino was getting scared and starting to try and drag me and prancing around. Eventually I got him to the field with both of us safe, apart from I had armache.
They also kept trying to touch him, yes I'm being snobby but thats £50 grands worth of horse I was holding so I was quite nervous in case anything happened!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Chavs and horses don't mix.

A dumb animal with a tiny brain will always frighten a horse.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SilensFatuus wrote:Chavs almost got me injuried on Saturday, the came to my work (riding stables) and wanted water. One of my colleagues showed some where the water was and the others stayed.
They were being very loud, I was holding a 17.2hh Dutch Warmblood who was only gelded last year around mares while I waited for someone to get him a pony friend to play with in the field. Hes quite nervous and they were being quite loud and shving each other. Contino was getting scared and starting to try and drag me and prancing around. Eventually I got him to the field with both of us safe, apart from I had armache.
They also kept trying to touch him, yes I'm being snobby but thats £50 grands worth of horse I was holding so I was quite nervous in case anything happened!
I know I wasn't there and hindsight is a wonderfull thing but wouldn't it have been a good idea to put the horse back in the stable and wait until the chavs had gone?

There are a lot of people who havn't had any contact with horses and I know people who have who are scared of being around them and who do not know how to act. I personally would've put the horse in the stable (if that was possible) and then invited the chavs to stroke a quiet horse and helped to educate them, not alienate them.

I see horse ignorance every day when I go out hacking with inconsiderate car drivers not having a minute to wait (and they're not necessarily chavs are they?).

There are always two sides to every coin.....
:o
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes it would be wrong simply to say that Chavs are horse ignorant.

They're totally ignorant.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Kinoulton wrote:Yes it would be wrong simply to say that Chavs are horse ignorant.

They're totally ignorant.
Well you surprise me Kinny, didn't think you would be so small minded. I have had some bad incidents with people in my life too (ex husband got beat up badly by local druggie on New Years Eve a few years ago). We stood up to him for doing wheel spins in front of an old peoples home and got followed home and my ex got kicked hell out of by a guy who was out of his face on drugs..

But I do believe there is good and bad in every culture.

I work on a Saturday in a pub in Swadlincote and some of the people whom I thought would be complete wallies have surprised me and have turned out to have hearts of gold.

I think it's best to keep an open mind. :lol: