Survival of the fittest (and tallest) in the crumbie stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I 've said before on here before but I am going to say it again

Please do not force us into the Walkers or any other new stadium without terracing

Because for the very reason stated above some people cannot or will not or do not like to jump up when something exciting happens - They prefer a more sedantry approach to watching sport - fine, let them it is their right and have paid for a seat why can't the use it?

However, nothing about the way I watch sport especially rugby is sedantry - I shout, I scream and jump up and down a lot when exciting things happen - That's fun to me - When I am forced to sit down, I still want to jump up and down and there is always going to be the "SIT DOWN" brigade behind me, or even the "please don't make so much noise " brigade (yes I've even had that)

Keep us separated Standing and sitting and we will all be happy

And for all the jump up and downers I can only say - join us on the terrace it's great fun!
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Unohoo, if you were to lay your hands on me in any way whatsoever, you would not do it again - that is a total invasion of my privacy!!!

Did I say I stood before a try was scored? NO I DID NOT. But the original poster of this thread wants people to remain glued to their seats throughout the whole match.

As for losing my balance, why would I? I'm fit, healthy and not prone falling over (even when drunk, which I never am at WR as I always have a 200 mile car journey back).

I would like official word from the club that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST ANYONE LEAP UP TO SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION OF GOOD PLAY CULMINATING IN A TRY. Yeah, right.

As for the terrace, no thanks, been there and done it once and you can't see half the :censored: pitch!
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

I'd only be blocking your view, as you seem to think is acceptable.

Anyone can lose their balance, even trained gymnasts. You only need to cath your foot on something, stand on a drinks bottle, turn your foot, etc, etc....

You won't go on the terrace cos you can't see everything, but you are happy to stop others seeing everything?

As for the clubs stance:

Sunday's programme, Page 31

STANDING IN SEATED AREAS OF WELFORD ROAD

Spectators are reminded that there is to be NO standing in the seated areas at Welford Road. In addition to obstructing the view of others, it is also a ground safety issue, and could put at risk Tigers' ground safety certificate.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

My standing up is not in any way laying my hands on you, if someone were to do that to me, that could be classed as assault. Be very careful, Unohoo, in what you suggest you might do to someone.

My interpretation of the wording in the programme is during match play - the immediate moments after a try is not match play. I really cannot believe how anal some people are about this. Having visited a fair amount of the grounds on the rounds, I have never come across this attitude anywhere else. Other supporters are encouraged to jump up and scream and shout their encouragement.

I know, for those of us who are going to Twickenham, lets all remain in our seats the whole way through the match, and please don't start shouting or chanting because you might just offend my very delicate hearing. And if Tigers win the cup, lets remain seating, keep our traps shut and offer polite applause.

I'm sure fans around the Premiership would laugh their socks off at our inept support.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

And as for H & S and losing my balance, I'll say again, miraculously, I am able to stand up without falling over. Hail Jesus!!!
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

AND, not that its really any of your business and not that I care but I was sat in the back row of Crumbie, so I wasn't obstructing anyone's view!!! :twisted:
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Wow!
Go for it,girl! :D
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

tigerstotty wrote:My standing up is not in any way laying my hands on you, if someone were to do that to me, that could be classed as assault. Be very careful, Unohoo, in what you suggest you might do to someone.
OK, put it another way, in a way where you won't immediately pick irrelevant holes. How about I hold a flag in front of your face, everytime we are within 5 yards of the try line?
tigerstotty wrote:My interpretation of the wording in the programme is during match play - the immediate moments after a try is not match play. I really cannot believe how anal some people are about this. Having visited a fair amount of the grounds on the rounds, I have never come across this attitude anywhere else. Other supporters are encouraged to jump up and scream and shout their encouragement.
Then you have the correct interpretaion. However, many people think this means, stand up whenever you like.
tigerstotty wrote:I know, for those of us who are going to Twickenham, lets all remain in our seats the whole way through the match, and please don't start shouting or chanting because you might just offend my very delicate hearing. And if Tigers win the cup, lets remain seating, keep our traps shut and offer polite applause.

I'm sure fans around the Premiership would laugh their socks off at our inept support.
I gree that complaining about too much noise is ridiculous, however, I maintain that I have paid for my ticket, and should be allowed to see the match.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

tigerstotty wrote:And as for H & S and losing my balance, I'll say again, miraculously, I am able to stand up without falling over. Hail Jesus!!!
You may be. However, among so many people, you have little control over your surrounding, or other people.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

tigerstotty wrote:AND, not that its really any of your business and not that I care but I was sat in the back row of Crumbie, so I wasn't obstructing anyone's view!!! :twisted:
Then why are you bothering with this arguement? Just want to argue?
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

why is it more and more threads are turning into viscious slanging matches these days?

Iain? Bill? we're going to need to order more bubblewrap!
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Hey don't look at me! I'm letting these people who prefer a seat at the rugby get on with it!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

surely it could be looked at this way:

stand up WHEN a try is scored, jump, sing, shout, wave etc to celebrate and commend good play etc - ACCEPTSBLE

stand up BEFORE a try is scored - thereby blocking other people's view - UNACCEPTABLE.

isn't it as simple as that?

and you don't get to see everything on the terrace, true, but it doesn 't ruin the game or cause people to get stroppy with someone next to them as a general rule.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

kingneptuneii wrote:why is it more and more threads are turning into viscious slanging matches these days?

Iain? Bill? we're going to need to order more bubblewrap!
I was wondering that. I politely and camly made my point, and was bombarded with vitriol!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

We are only human (and selfish to boot).

The point has been made that if people remained seated, as they should, during play, then everyone would be able to see a try scored.

Unfortunately, there are very many selfish people who insist on standing whilst the action is still taking place. If you then stand you are as bad as everyone else, and if you remain seated you won't see the action. The sheep follow as they have little choice.

Standing up after the try is scored - well of course, we have to do this really -we have to celebrate.

I generally stand, punch the air, and shout yeeeeeeessssss.

Short of strapping people in though, I can see no solution - like I say, I think it's selfish behaviour and we humans are renowned for it.