Survival of the fittest (and tallest) in the crumbie stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Survival of the fittest (and tallest) in the crumbie stand

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Hopefully some of you that stood up in the middle of the crumbie stand for Leon and Geordan's tries got a video recording of them? Maybe you'd be considerate enough to circulate it to those of us who's views you obstructed in the process?

This issue was raised before the season started with mixed response. Thorughout the season it has been as much of a problem as always, but yesterday was especially problematic. My dad even got threatened at one point for asking someone in the seat infront to sit down - That was enjoyable :( !

I'm 5'5. Whenever there is a run into either corner (even those on the opposite side of the ground sometimes) I can pretty much guaruntee that I won't see it because of everyone standing up. And I'm fit enough to actually stand up in time. Now don't give me the sob story "It's because we can't see to the corner." If everyone sits down, everyone gets to see.

So please, please, please, please, think of those sat behind you before you stand up! We all pay the same price to see the game, so let us see it! This not only applies to the 'vertically challenged' like me. We all know that a great proportion of the crowd is age 60+ - How quickly do you think they can jump to their feet, just to be able to see what they're entitled to see? And why should they anyway?

You are in breach of ground regulation 7 if standing up while the match is in progress.

Oh, and in anticipation of the 'prawn sandwich brigade' comments - Those of you that are regulars on here may recall that I'm often complaining at the lack of enthusiastic support that we give the team. But enthusiastic support can be acheived sitting down - that way everyone can see the game and have something to cheer about!

Thanks in advance - I look forward to seeing every try of every game next season ;)
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Thanks Belper - I should think so to! Not like you can't see, is it?

Shame more people aren't as consiencious as you - may you could help to spread the word?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

I am not a ST holder, and I was sat in the Crumbie yesterday.
I did not know about the whole standing debate that was going on.
To my left were at least 15 60+ supporters, and i decided to take the standing line from them. Iw as a bit overzelous to begin with, then realised this, and stayed sat downa lot more. My friend got politley asked to stop standing as much, and was thaked afterwards for doing so. Towards the end though - the vast majority were all standing up for the tries in the bottom corner - and as everyone was doing tit here didnt seem to be a problem.
I do not wish to attack your stance- because it is probably fair enough, but 1] Its really very hard to not stand up when Tigers score a try. 2] Is it not possible if you stand up to see between the gaps of people. As the people infront are below you surely this wouldnt be so much of a problem [obviously here i am only guessing]. 3] I hope Tigers sort Stadium issues out soon! 4] I'm sorry if I got i restricted yur view!
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Come in the cheap seats in the Next Stand, we don't mind standing to see tries scored and you can leap up and down to your hearts content.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

For god's sake, not again. Yes, I leapt to my feet when a try was scored - i can't help it, ITS CALLED EXCITEMENT, ENTHUSIASM, whatever you like. I'm glad and proud to be a Tigers fan, I'm just sorry that, like the RFU this board seems to be filled with boring old farts
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well said, Tigerstotty.
Whilst I am not in the full flush of youth, I get excited during the match,jump up and down at appropriate moments,shout,scream and have a whale of a time.Everyone near me is the same.
It seems that many fans just want to sit watching the game with their arms folded,tutting at people who so much as cough or fart and who dare to question the ref. The same sanctomonious folk also moan when certain players are replaced ( Oh no, Leon's come on. Well ,yesterday paid to that!). You would think that they were actually forced to watch a match as a punishment and are not ST holders at one of the best clubs in the world.
If they don't like it, then I think they should let their tickets go to somebody on the ever growing waiting list who would actually appreciate going to WR, then they could sit at home in front of the tv with their great view and whinge on to themselves for a change.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Countess of Welford, you are my friend for life!!

Thank you for being a sane voice amongst the gloom :lol:
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

tigerstotty wrote:For god's sake, not again. Yes, I leapt to my feet when a try was scored - i can't help it, ITS CALLED EXCITEMENT, ENTHUSIASM, whatever you like. I'm glad and proud to be a Tigers fan, I'm just sorry that, like the RFU this board seems to be filled with boring old farts
I have no problem with people standing up WHEN a try has been scored. It's the people who stand up BEFORE a try has been scored that cause the problem.

How about I sit behind you, and anytime Tigers get near the try line, I put my hands over your eyes? Would you like that? Or would you want to see the score?

How about this...
You keep standing up. You lose you balance and fall over. You know the people in front of you over. Then knock the people in front of them over, and so on. Health and Safety look at the report of what happened, decide the stand is unsafe, and shut it down. Is that a satisfactory outcome?
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

The Countess of Welford wrote:Well said, Tigerstotty.
Whilst I am not in the full flush of youth, I get excited during the match,jump up and down at appropriate moments,shout,scream and have a whale of a time.Everyone near me is the same.
It seems that many fans just want to sit watching the game with their arms folded,tutting at people who so much as cough or fart and who dare to question the ref. The same sanctomonious folk also moan when certain players are replaced ( Oh no, Leon's come on. Well ,yesterday paid to that!). You would think that they were actually forced to watch a match as a punishment and are not ST holders at one of the best clubs in the world.
If they don't like it, then I think they should let their tickets go to somebody on the ever growing waiting list who would actually appreciate going to WR, then they could sit at home in front of the tv with their great view and whinge on to themselves for a change.
You are welcome to read back through my posts. I am one of Leon's biggest defenders. And I love to see the game. I'm 30. I'm not old. But I have injured knees, which means I have to sit, and can't stand quickly. So whe everyone breaks the ground regulations (posted clearly around the ground) and stands up, I miss out.

Thank you for being so thoughtful, and not really giving a stuff about other fans.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There's a part of the ground that provides the best view, no view obstructing pillars, cheapest tickets and nobody minds you standing up.

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to....... the terrace!!
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Iain wrote:There's a part of the ground that provides the best view, no view obstructing pillars, cheapest tickets and nobody minds you standing up.

Which, as I said above, I can't use.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

unohoo wrote:
Iain wrote:There's a part of the ground that provides the best view, no view obstructing pillars, cheapest tickets and nobody minds you standing up.

See what I mean? :roll:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

But if those who like to stand did.....
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

The Countess of Welford wrote:
unohoo wrote:

See what I mean? :roll:
Not really, no....
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Iain wrote:But if those who like to stand did.....
I see where you are coming from now. And I like your thinking.