Away games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

How many more away games will we win this season?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:02 pm

One
18%
Two
36%
Three
24%
Four
15%
None
7%

Total votes: 95

Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Maybe it's just a case of "Always expect the worst - that way you'll never be disappointed". :wink:
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Louisa wrote:Just out of interest, why the negativity? Do the remaining away fixtures fall on international weekends or something? Never known the Tigers fans so despondant, it's meant to be we Saints who can't see where our next win is coming from! :roll:
i think it's cause we either win emphatically or lose emphatically there never seems to be anything in between, in league terms anyway. i think our H cup form is something to be proud of but people are hacked off cause we spank everyone convincingly at home ( except newcastle ) but then we can go down to bris and get spanked ourselves. i think if we went away from home and lost by the odd point and were unlucky then homies wouldn't be so pessimistic. recent aways for me include glawster the other week, the Zurich prem final last season and saints last season. the words "soundly spanked" spring to mind.

sorry for the spanking obsession it's not something i secretly desire, not really my thing.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Louisa
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Louisa »

The complete opposite to the Saints then. Although we're unbeaten in 2006, very few of the games have ended in emphatic victories. More often that not it's a last minute try or penalty that decides it. The only sides that have recieved real 'spankings' (copyright: Redtiger :wink: ) have been Bristol and Viadana and the ECC. As you can see, when the margin of victory is so fine, you can't afford for anything to go wrong (as with this weekend when a last minute dropgoal from Alex King earned them an undeserved draw). Saints are playing well at the moment but lack the cutting edge to close out the game late on.

I must say though, can't wait for the game against you guys on the 15th - it's going to be a cracker!
I want to be in that number, oh when the Saints go marching in.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

...it may be a cracker for your lot, i got a bad feeling tho... hope i'm wrong.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!