Help getting a B. Youngs’ shirt signed

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Help getting a B. Youngs’ shirt signed

Post by shanghaitiger »

Hi all,

Hoping for a bit of help please:

I’ve managed to get hold of one of Ben Youngs’ shirts that I would love him to sign if possible. Does anyone with a bit more knowledge than me know how I can go about this politely please?

I thought about maybe waiting around behind the Crumbie pre-match and asking him if he wouldn’t mind? Anyone with any more knowledge than me know where/ what time the players come in? Or got any better ideas? Many thanks :smt001
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Help getting a B. Youngs’ shirt signed

Post by Old Hob »

Why not approach the club directly and see if it can be arranged? Perhaps by post? All sorts of ways it might happen without you having to mug him, :smt003
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:22 pm Why not approach the club directly and see if it can be arranged? Perhaps by post? All sorts of ways it might happen without you having to mug him, :smt003
Thanks OldHob! I can promise that I have no intention of mugging any players! :smt003 I just thought it must be quite busy with fans in and around the back of the Crumbie anyway before and after games with people wanting autographs/ photos etc. (COVID not-withstanding) anyway. I will give e-mailing the club a try. :smt001
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

A few years ago, I asked Geordan Murphy to sign a card for a friend. Sent it through the post with a covering letter a stamped addressed envelope and a donation to the Matt Hampton Foundation. It came back, signed, pretty quickly, duly signed. Good on yer, GM. Friend was delighted.