Rugby tonight

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby tonight

Post by Scott1 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:51 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:30 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:06 pm Always found the laws of thermodynamics to be pretty reliable myself... :smt017
Theyre still debatable but law of biogenics? Life must come from life. And what about law of probability? You number 10 cards 1 to 10 and give them a good shuffle and there's a one in 3,326,800 chance that they would fall 1-10. When you use a 100 cards it's 1 in 10 followed by 158 zeros chance it would fall 1-100. Without a living God to create life, the laws of probability and complexity prove beyond doubt that life could never come into existence at all.
This is actually just incorrect - your arguments don't prove anything. There are undoubtedly unknowns surrounding the first emergence of "life", and it will likely never be answered due to the timescales involved and current scientific/technology levels as they are today.

And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with a rugby team in Devon using symbolism and profiting off the back of a group of people that have been historically - and still are to this day - oppressed and exploited by others.

I really need to stop getting involved in these threads...
Undoubtedly unknowns,so can't be explained by Science? Thanks for proving my point 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:30 pm

Theyre still debatable but law of biogenics? Life must come from life. And what about law of probability? You number 10 cards 1 to 10 and give them a good shuffle and there's a one in 3,326,800 chance that they would fall 1-10. When you use a 100 cards it's 1 in 10 followed by 158 zeros chance it would fall 1-100. Without a living God to create life, the laws of probability and complexity prove beyond doubt that life could never come into existence at all.
This is actually just incorrect - your arguments don't prove anything. There are undoubtedly unknowns surrounding the first emergence of "life", and it will likely never be answered due to the timescales involved and current scientific/technology levels as they are today.

And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with a rugby team in Devon using symbolism and profiting off the back of a group of people that have been historically - and still are to this day - oppressed and exploited by others.

Undoubtedly unknowns,so can't be explained by Science? Thanks for proving my point 👍
There is a difference between can't and has not yet for example science has not yet found the origin of life on earth, science can't explain the refereeing decisions of Ian "Total Control" Tempest...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:29 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 pm

There is a difference between can't and has not yet for example science has not yet found the origin of life on earth, science can't explain the refereeing decisions of Ian "Total Control" Tempest...
Science will never be able to do that 🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer