The Future

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

The Future

Post by Old Hob »

At some point, one hopes, supporters will be allowed back into grounds to watch rugby. Some travel companies have made it very clear that they will not accept customers who do not have proof of a recent negative test for corona virus, or a vaccine certificate or, ideally both. I for one would be very happy to see a similar restriction in venues where crowds gather such as Welford Road. What do you think?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: The Future

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:54 am At some point, one hopes, supporters will be allowed back into grounds to watch rugby. Some travel companies have made it very clear that they will not accept customers who do not have proof of a recent negative test for corona virus, or a vaccine certificate or, ideally both. I for one would be very happy to see a similar restriction in venues where crowds gather such as Welford Road. What do you think?
Not at all! And Professor Van Tam has already said they don’t know if even both doses will stop transmission so a complete waste of time! Anywhere that does bring it in should look forward to around at least a 50% drop in revenue if recent polls are to be believed. Good luck with that!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:38 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:54 am At some point, one hopes, supporters will be allowed back into grounds to watch rugby. Some travel companies have made it very clear that they will not accept customers who do not have proof of a recent negative test for corona virus, or a vaccine certificate or, ideally both. I for one would be very happy to see a similar restriction in venues where crowds gather such as Welford Road. What do you think?
Not at all! And Professor Van Tam has already said they don’t know if even both doses will stop transmission so a complete waste of time! Anywhere that does bring it in should look forward to around at least a 50% drop in revenue if recent polls are to be believed. Good luck with that!
What tripe. Van Tam has said information is still being gathered. He has also said that no vaccination has ever been 100% effective. So you're arguing for a return to widespread polio, tetanus, rubella, measles, whooping cough, mumps, diptheria and much more. Thanks Scott.

I had my first jab last week and so far my DNA does not seem to be turning me into a lizard.

Just seen a Van Tam quote that said the first wave of vaccinations could help to prevent up to 99% of Covid-19 hospitalisations and deaths. A complete waste of time according to Scott.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ridiculous comparisons! Pfizer's (just to name one) vaccine is still in phase 3 testing that doesn't end till 2023. We are all essentially human guinea pigs at present. Was waiting for the lizard quote somewhere too,how mind numbingly,unsurprisingly boring!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:14 am And I OBVIOUSLY meant waste of time everyone having them, which is the plan, so don't twist my words!
You've dropped the complete but you're still so incredibly wrong.

Pfizer announced completion of phase 3 last November and published its results in December. Obviously development and testing is ongoing, particularly essential as new and more virulent strains are emerging.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Sorry, missed replying to your question OH. I would lean towards your suggestion as a viable option, hopefully just on an interim basis, but would like to see some informed and intelligent discussion and modelling of this and alternatives first. I'm just a fence sitter on the middle ground.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

h's dad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:26 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:14 am And I OBVIOUSLY meant waste of time everyone having them, which is the plan, so don't twist my words!

Pfizer announced completion of phase 3 last November and published its results in December. Obviously development and testing is ongoing, particularly essential as new and more virulent strains are emerging.
I've got Pfizers TDS ,it says 2023! I've also got their rap sheet too,a very trustworthy outfit!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm
h's dad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:26 pm

I've got Pfizers TDS ,it says 2023! I've also got their rap sheet too,a very trustworthy outfit!
https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expe ... 9-vaccine/