Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by kk20gb30 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:53 am

Once this news is confirmed it could be very interesting to view respective Premiership team selections moving forward.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by kk20gb30 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 am

Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... -shutdown/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7479
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by JP14 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:15 am

Can't imagine Bruce Craig being too happy about it!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3106
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am

kk20gb30 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 am
Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... -shutdown/
It can also add power to the "Non believers"
To win is not as important as playing with style!

trendylfj
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by trendylfj » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:20 am

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 am
Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... -shutdown/
It can also add power to the "Non believers"
They don't need any more power - just some brain cells
Hehehehehehehehe

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11341
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am

I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11341
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 am

This is the last I'll ever say on this subject but I hope it not deleted because its meaningful. We are split! We have the pro EU/anti Brexit ,pro mask,pro vaccine ,pro lockdown on the left and the anti vaccine, anti mask,anti lockdown,pro Brexit on the right. Or that's how its been cleverly orchestrated by the government/MSM!
If a world war started we wouldn't have the left in the bomb shelters and the right above ground would we? No,we would all be in their together. But sadly its gone too far now. Whatever happens in the future I hope all you and your families and friends are safe.

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7532
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by tigerburnie » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1314
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by chewbacca » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am
I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
I'm not cynical just experienced

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3518
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm

tigerburnie wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am
Another cancellation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55763456
Does that mean Sarries are going to finish bottom of their mini tournament with Doncaster and Ealing?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Old Hob » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:29 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm
tigerburnie wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am
Another cancellation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55763456
Does that mean Sarries are going to finish bottom of their mini tournament with Doncaster and Ealing?
That would be amusing
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Tiglon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:20 pm

I think Scott is trying to highlight the issue of tribalism removing the possibility for a balanced view.

Just because he doesn't think a test works very well and therefore potentially does harm, it doesn't mean he's a covid denier or conspiracy theorist or moron. Likewise, just because I don't think Ed Griffiths should be lynched for carrying a briefcase, it doesn't mean I think he and Nigel Wray are "holy".

Just because someone disagrees with your point of view, it doesn't mean they believe the extreme opposite.
Last edited by Tiglon on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h's dad
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2579
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: In front of pc

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by h's dad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:48 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm
chewbacca wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am
I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
I'd sooner not have one that could "potentially" be manipulated to suit!
You mean the way you've definitely (not potentially) manipulated the WHO statement? I may not be on the middle ground, or the fence on it, but at least I can recognise it.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11341
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:01 pm

h's dad wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:48 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm
chewbacca wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm


I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
I'd sooner not have one that could "potentially" be manipulated to suit!
You mean the way you've definitely (not potentially) manipulated the WHO statement? I may not be on the middle ground, or the fence on it, but at least I can recognise it.
Really? We talking about the WHO who have changed their minds on masks and changed their definition of herd immunity on their website? That WHO?!

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5378
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by Big Dai » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm

chewbacca wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am
I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
The blurb with the test I had, as part of a UK survey warned of both false positives AND false negatives.

My wife works in day care for key workers kids. There was a case in the group so she got tested. Result +ve. She just had a slight cough. That's all.

I had to self isolate and inform the University. They wanted me to take a test. I did. +VE. No symptoms, but +VE.

In the recent past I would have assumed nothing was wrong with me and I'd have turned in for work. So am I a disbeliver? Sceptic?

To be quite honest I don't know what to believe.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest