Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 am Rumours on Twitter that elite sport will be cancelled for four weeks to roll the vaccine out.
Pointless (in more ways than one) given that it will make zero difference one way or the other. Will also lead to loss of media revenue.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 am Rumours on Twitter that elite sport will be cancelled for four weeks to roll the vaccine out.
Pointless (in more ways than one) given that it will make zero difference one way or the other. Will also lead to loss of media revenue.
Yep, several reasons not to take that too seriously.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Twitter is full of twits.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Makes perfect sense! I thought everyone wanted the vaccine rolled out ASAP! I understand the Premier League hire their own private medical staff at their games but how many medical staff are used at rugby games,lower league football and all other sports etc?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:12 pm Makes perfect sense! I thought everyone wanted the vaccine rolled out ASAP! I understand the Premier League hire their own private medical staff at their games but how many medical staff are used at rugby games,lower league football and all other sports etc?
At Premiership games, there are usually two Doctors for each team so that HIAs can be conducted, should more than one player need an HIA at the same time. You also have the ambulances and some paramedics in attendance. Irrespective of who supplies the ambulances or trained medical staff there is a reasonable argument for this resource to be diverted to areas that need it urgently.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The BBBoC have said that fights can commence over here the middle of February. That would tie in perfectly if other sports are halted for a month or so. Meeting today so let’s see what happens. Source is from Racing Post
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

To go back to the points-by-panel system currently being applied to Covid-hit games, a team that was unable to play any Premiership games due to Covid would end up with 44 points - more than Tigers ended 2018/19 (the last proper season). It's farcical that a team can be higher in the league by not playing at all than by playing and losing.
Ancient Mariner
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

ancientmariner wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm To go back to the points-by-panel system currently being applied to Covid-hit games, a team that was unable to play any Premiership games due to Covid would end up with 44 points - more than Tigers ended 2018/19 (the last proper season). It's farcical that a team can be higher in the league by not playing at all than by playing and losing.
Come on let’s get real. Firstly what is the chance of a team having 22 games cancelled. Secondly I am sure that if the cancellations got to even half of that level the season would be curtailed
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Given the current situation there is a higher probability of more positive tests and more games cancelled. Having a break could prove to be the right decision........if only we had a crystal ball. A tough decision but it may prove to be the better decision.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

As the clubs appear to still be training I can't see the logic behind not playing these weekends, it's either ok to train & play or it isn't as the players are still mixing travelling to/from work, they are more exposed to the Virus.
Personally I don't think we should be playing any elite sport at present but this halfway house that PRL have come up with is cuckoo.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:35 pm As the clubs appear to still be training I can't see the logic behind not playing these weekends, it's either ok to train & play or it isn't as the players are still mixing travelling to/from work, they are more exposed to the Virus.
Personally I don't think we should be playing any elite sport at present but this halfway house that PRL have come up with is cuckoo.
They are training but at least they are not having to come into contact with players from other areas and thus contain it locally and manage it.
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

For social media, just start the sentence with “We haven’t ruled out.....” then add anything (eg: cancelling the rest of the season).
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TRP reporting that relegation is scrapped for this season because of the pandemic and the threat of legal action by any Club relegated.

Think we all kinda knew that........
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm TRP reporting that relegation is scrapped for this season because of the pandemic and the threat of legal action by any Club relegated.

Think we all kinda knew that........
Yes ,the legal threat was too great.But the question is will it be a ring fenced league next season or will this season just be replayed with no relegation or promotion?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’ve read the front page on TRP Twitter page and it said there will be promotion from the Championship,IF that can be completed.