Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Is this season a Farce with the cancellations

Post by kk20gb30 »

Once this news is confirmed it could be very interesting to view respective Premiership team selections moving forward.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premiers ... -shutdown/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Can't imagine Bruce Craig being too happy about it!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 am Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

It can also add power to the "Non believers"
To win is not as important as playing with style!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 am Whilst always better to be safe than sorry , this type of error which incorrectly closed the Bath training facility does not help matters:

It can also add power to the "Non believers"
They don't need any more power - just some brain cells
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

This is the last I'll ever say on this subject but I hope it not deleted because its meaningful. We are split! We have the pro EU/anti Brexit ,pro mask,pro vaccine ,pro lockdown on the left and the anti vaccine, anti mask,anti lockdown,pro Brexit on the right. Or that's how its been cleverly orchestrated by the government/MSM!
If a world war started we wouldn't have the left in the bomb shelters and the right above ground would we? No,we would all be in their together. But sadly its gone too far now. Whatever happens in the future I hope all you and your families and friends are safe.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am Another cancellation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55763456
Does that mean Sarries are going to finish bottom of their mini tournament with Doncaster and Ealing?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am Another cancellation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55763456
Does that mean Sarries are going to finish bottom of their mini tournament with Doncaster and Ealing?
That would be amusing
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think Scott is trying to highlight the issue of tribalism removing the possibility for a balanced view.

Just because he doesn't think a test works very well and therefore potentially does harm, it doesn't mean he's a covid denier or conspiracy theorist or moron. Likewise, just because I don't think Ed Griffiths should be lynched for carrying a briefcase, it doesn't mean I think he and Nigel Wray are "holy".

Just because someone disagrees with your point of view, it doesn't mean they believe the extreme opposite.
Last edited by Tiglon on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm
chewbacca wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am I hope you're not lumping anyone who dares question the situation either because I and many have just been totally vindicated with regards to the PCR testing after the WHO recent statement on them. I hate the fact that there's no middle ground and how you are labelled if you dare go against the grain!
I'd sooner have a diagnostic test that errs on the side of safety(false positives in this case) than one that delivers false negatives with the associated consequences. No diagnostic test is 100% accurate for anything.
I'd sooner not have one that could "potentially" be manipulated to suit!
You mean the way you've definitely (not potentially) manipulated the WHO statement? I may not be on the middle ground, or the fence on it, but at least I can recognise it.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

h's dad wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:48 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm

I'd sooner not have one that could "potentially" be manipulated to suit!
You mean the way you've definitely (not potentially) manipulated the WHO statement? I may not be on the middle ground, or the fence on it, but at least I can recognise it.
Really? We talking about the WHO who have changed their minds on masks and changed their definition of herd immunity on their website? That WHO?!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The blurb with the test I had, as part of a UK survey warned of both false positives AND false negatives.

My wife works in day care for key workers kids. There was a case in the group so she got tested. Result +ve. She just had a slight cough. That's all.

I had to self isolate and inform the University. They wanted me to take a test. I did. +VE. No symptoms, but +VE.

In the recent past I would have assumed nothing was wrong with me and I'd have turned in for work. So am I a disbeliver? Sceptic?

To be quite honest I don't know what to believe.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"