Like/Dislike buttons ?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
westwinds31
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5257
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by westwinds31 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 am

I notice that Shedweb have just introduced "like/dislike" buttons on all posts. Is this something that would get a "like" on the Tigers forum ?

http://www.rugb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11133

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by Cagey Tiger » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 am

More likely to see porcine aviators :smt012

When the "new" style forum was introduced a few years ago, we were asked for feedback, if which there was a fair amount. One item on many people's wishlist was like/dislike buttons. After a year, when nothing had happened, I raised the matter again and was basically brushed off. As it didn't happen then, sadly I can't see it being a priority now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread or my post get deleted as 'officialdom' seemed touchy about comments re the forum software.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6267
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by Tigerbeat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 am
More likely to see porcine aviators :smt012

When the "new" style forum was introduced a few years ago, we were asked for feedback, if which there was a fair amount. One item on many people's wishlist was like/dislike buttons. After a year, when nothing had happened, I raised the matter again and was basically brushed off. As it didn't happen then, sadly I can't see it being a priority now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread or my post get deleted as 'officialdom' seemed touchy about comments re the forum software.
This thread will be moved to the Technical Forum. When the forum was updated there was a focus on other projects ongoing within the club, the Tigers App being one of them. The ideas that were put forward have been recorded but I guess that the current focus is keeping the Club costs down and utilising staff in the most important areas. That is not to say that changes will not be made but just that they will not be a high priority at this time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by kk20gb30 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:44 am

Normally would say say 'yes' however perhaps just another way of starting and escalating meaningless spats ....best leave alone.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by Cagey Tiger » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:53 am

Tigerbeat wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 am
Cagey Tiger wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 am
More likely to see porcine aviators :smt012

When the "new" style forum was introduced a few years ago, we were asked for feedback, if which there was a fair amount. One item on many people's wishlist was like/dislike buttons. After a year, when nothing had happened, I raised the matter again and was basically brushed off. As it didn't happen then, sadly I can't see it being a priority now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread or my post get deleted as 'officialdom' seemed touchy about comments re the forum software.
This thread will be moved to the Technical Forum. When the forum was updated there was a focus on other projects ongoing within the club, the Tigers App being one of them. The ideas that were put forward have been recorded but I guess that the current focus is keeping the Club costs down and utilising staff in the most important areas. That is not to say that changes will not be made but just that they will not be a high priority at this time.
Kicked into the long grass as expected and in a dark corner of the forum which most people rarely if ever visit.

So basically brushed off again.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6267
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by Tigerbeat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Cageytiger, this is an area where the Technical people look at and those who would be part of any changes. Leaving it on the Rugby Forum or Chit Chat would just got lost deeper in the topics.
This is not a priority for the Club at the present time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by Cagey Tiger » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Cageytiger, this is an area where the Technical people look at and those who would be part of any changes. Leaving it on the Rugby Forum or Chit Chat would just got lost deeper in the topics.
This is not a priority for the Club at the present time.
The OP seemed to want to gauge the opinion of other forum users as to whether they felt that this would be a useful addition. While the Technical forum is the place for any possible implementation to be considered, it is not the place to elicit other user's opinions.

Regardless, as I inferred in my original reply and you have confirmed, twice, it is not a priority at this time (nor ever likely to be IMHO), so no real point in even asking. Which was the message behind my original reply, with background info to explain why.

westwinds31
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5257
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Like/Dislike buttons ?

Post by westwinds31 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:43 pm

Exactly. Just wondered what people thought about it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest