A question.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: A question.

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:32 am On the risk of verging off into politics too much.

My proposal
Limiting factors as to why people can't get tests seems to be logistics of getting the test itself NOT lab capacity. (This is only from what I've read). This is because they only are staffing very few test centres outside of hotspots.

To resolve this (rather than focus on moonshot or whatever), I would try to get into a position where all households in the UK are sent a home testing kit. Then if anyone in said household is ill post off their home testing kit (removing the wait to receive a home testing kit to arrive) results likely end of the next day as they're all barcoded it will automatically get another kit sent out to that household.

This removes a large portion of demand of test centres and they can be focused on specific areas. Private organisations can keep doing sports etc.

I think they'd get more people to just send off tests on spec, which will also help give better baseline data rather than people thinking they don't want to drive miles to a test centre and my sore throat ain't that bad so I'll just keep quiet
Far too sensible! You'll never get a job in politics with clear thinking like that :smt044
glenn

Post by glenn »

Talking to a lady yesterday at the park, her family are part of a trial, where every week they send off a test via the post for 6 weeks I think to see the coverage of covid and they get paid to do this at £25/50 a time! It also gives them piece of mind to know that they have/not got it and they dont have to visit a testcenter 20 miles away
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

My Sister lives in Leicester and her two girls needed a test.
The option of testing near Manchester came up when looking online.
She arranged the time off work and then went back online to book a few hours later, and was offered Leicester. :smt005
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

By now we should be able to test every NHS workers, care workers and teachers as they arrive at work every day (or by daily home testing) this should be a minimum.

There seems to be a lack of focus and headless chickens behaviour seems to be he order of the day but forgoing a few tests for sports teams would be scratching the surface of a major logistical failure.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:32 am On the risk of verging off into politics too much.

My proposal
Limiting factors as to why people can't get tests seems to be logistics of getting the test itself NOT lab capacity. (This is only from what I've read). This is because they only are staffing very few test centres outside of hotspots.

To resolve this (rather than focus on moonshot or whatever), I would try to get into a position where all households in the UK are sent a home testing kit. Then if anyone in said household is ill post off their home testing kit (removing the wait to receive a home testing kit to arrive) results likely end of the next day as they're all barcoded it will automatically get another kit sent out to that household.

This removes a large portion of demand of test centres and they can be focused on specific areas. Private organisations can keep doing sports etc.

I think they'd get more people to just send off tests on spec, which will also help give better baseline data rather than people thinking they don't want to drive miles to a test centre and my sore throat ain't that bad so I'll just keep quiet
Except it's 100% lab capacity. The bottleneck is processing the tests in the set time frame for the result to be official.