What are we going to talk about for the next two months?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: What are we going to talk about for the next two months?

Post by LE18 »

fentiger wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 pm Every time I hear 'Covid 19' I expect it to be followed by: Leicester Tigers 0 :smt044 :smt044
And how many red/yellow cards, was the ref biased? :smt001
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Should the Law be changed to favour the consumer, in that you only pay for goods/services after you receive them. I am aware of the impracticality of this, but it seems so unfair that No Refunds are part of T & Cs.? Please discuss.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:08 pm Should the Law be changed to favour the consumer, in that you only pay for goods/services after you receive them. I am aware of the impracticality of this, but it seems so unfair that No Refunds are part of T & Cs.? Please discuss.
Consumer Law = Minefield

Often when refunds are excluded in T&Cs, as you mention, there's another line which says "this does not affect your statutory consumer rights". What we are supposed to make of that contradiction I do not know!

Venues in the hospitality and events sector struggle with refunds at the best of times and this is plainly not the best of times. Exclusions are often there for no more than self-preservation for smaller businesses but also a deterrent against speculative booking. Ive also heard people being pointed in the direction of their travel or even home insurance policies to get their money back - that's all very well if you're covered by a single event policy with no excess, but otherwise there are obvious implications to claiming. In the current climate I would have thought credit against a future purchase/reservation would be a reasonable compromise.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Just to say, I’m not going to want a refund on any part of my season ticket or for Castres game. Tigers are a club worthy of my support through thick and thin. I love what they do for schools and others in the community for free and I’m proud to be able to support that through my membership.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Just to explain, I believe @LE18 was alluding to a cancelled accommodation booking in the Exeter area; that was the context of my response. I wasn't' making reference in any way to the Tigers Ticket Office.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Lutontiger wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 pm Just to say, I’m not going to want a refund on any part of my season ticket or for Castres game. Tigers are a club worthy of my support through thick and thin. I love what they do for schools and others in the community for free and I’m proud to be able to support that through my membership.
+1, beat me to it Lutontiger, Exceptional circumstances in my book.

Although, this is my personal stance based on personal circumstances only and no slight intended against any other opinion. I fully understand, sympathise and support that others cannot or will not accept any potential loss of money, fair's fair in that respect.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RAFPvetTiger

Post by RAFPvetTiger »

Lutontiger wrote: ↑
Just to say, I’m not going to want a refund on any part of my season ticket or for Castres game. Tigers are a club worthy of my support through thick and thin. I love what they do for schools and others in the community for free and I’m proud to be able to support that through my membership.”

This - with bells and whistles on.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:54 pm
fentiger wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 pm Every time I hear 'Covid 19' I expect it to be followed by: Leicester Tigers 0 :smt044 :smt044
And how many red/yellow cards, was the ref biased? :smt001
In a post match interview Geordan Murphy said they'd played quite well and showed a lot of spirit and were unlucky not to score. A few things to work on to be sure but he still expected Tigers to reach the play offs.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 pm Just to explain, I believe @LE18 was alluding to a cancelled accommodation booking in the Exeter area; that was the context of my response. I wasn't' making reference in any way to the Tigers Ticket Office.
Thanks Longshanks, yes I was referring to our booking with Holiday Inn Express at Exeter, I'm certainly not wanting any refunds for both our season tickets at Tigers, we were staying over for the away match at Chiefs.

I have cancelled on Holiday Inn website, that was very easy, a simple tick in a box, no explanation box, but I have had no success trying to communicate by phone, no obvious email address, only irrelevant forms and impossible to chat on line.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Perhaps we could talk about the government response, or lack of it.

For a supposed developed nation the COVID-19 testing programme is a farce.

A £350 billion financial support package with £330 billion of it in loans.
3 month mortgage holidays negotiated, you can do that anyway.
The landlords left out any help for renters to test for the reaction.

We've also heard some new sayings such as "herd immunity" and what about the chief scientist saying "if we can get this down to 20,000 and below that's a good outcome in terms of where we'd hope to get" which was an absolute corker!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 am Perhaps we could talk about the government response, or lack of it.

We've also heard some new sayings such as "herd immunity" and what about the chief scientist saying "if we can get this down to 20,000 and below that's a good outcome in terms of where we'd hope to get" which was an absolute corker!
There are two elephants in the room called "totally unnecessary Austerity" and "non-stop lying to the British public". If we had coherent and competent government whose first thought was for the majority, not a small rich elite, then we might have stood a chance. As it is, unnecessary deaths are on their way amongst the weakest and poorest in our society.
There, I've killed your suggestion by tempting the "true Brits" out. :smt025
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:23 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 am Perhaps we could talk about the government response, or lack of it.

There are two elephants in the room called "totally unnecessary Austerity" and "non-stop lying to the British public". If we had coherent and competent government whose first thought was for the majority, not a small rich elite, then we might have stood a chance. As it is, unnecessary deaths are on their way amongst the weakest and poorest in our society.
There, I've killed your suggestion by tempting the "true Brits" out. :smt025
Excuse me but how did your lot do in the last election, what would Corbyn have done, he has no policies on anything!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ugh great 🙄.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

I'm pleased that jgriffin has brought up the "elephant in the room" I.e. the reason for the UK'S lack of preparedness for the Covid 19 crisis ( not enough beds, ventilators or even p.p.e.) is all down to Tory austerity. I suppose one could argue equally glibly that Labour profligacy was to blame for the need for that austerity but let that pass as if we continue to debate that then I'm guessing that the moderator will rule us "off piste". So can I suggest a related topic? In my fairly extensive rugby experience, playing from the age of 11 to 40 (c1960 to 1990) at school (Direct Grant), university (leftish, trendy university down south), junior club & vets (unfashionable East London club) and thereafter as interested parent, referee and spectator. Plus of course being a lifelong Tigers supporter. From my rugby experience described above I would claim that rugby people generally are in the apolitical to right of centre part of the political spectrum. Do you agree? Is your experience similar to mine.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugby attracts people from both sides of the political spectrum, there’s nothing wrong with it really except when Sturgeon uses it to further her hardline nationalistic agenda.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni