Smoke Flares

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Smoke Flares

Post by LE18 »

Watching the Tour de France, I hear they have at long last banned spectators from using smoke flares. With the banned use of Salbutamol, riders with asthma needs will benefit greatly from this ban! (yes I know they can apply for exemption).

Is it not time that those large flares, that are often used at the opening of a match, at various rugby Stadia, ie Twickenham and especially the Millennium Stadium, where the roof can be closed, are banned?

So many people, spectators and players, suffer from Asthma, smoke lingering in the air cannot be good for anyone! After all wasn't that why smoking was banned?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Smoke Flares

Post by ads »

Salbutamol is not banned, there's just a limit on how much can be taken.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why has my posting been moved to this section, its a very pertinent point for discussion about drugs and pollution relating to the game of rugby? I almost chocked once at the Millennium when they let off their flares with the roof closed, the smoke did not clear for ages!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The main topic is the use of smoke flares, not rugby related directly, hence moved to Chit Chat.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk