Inside Out tonight

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Inside Out tonight

Post by jgriffin »

It is almost unbelievable how many resources and ££££ were spent on the Blues/Villa match this weekend. I know we cannot totally hold rugby up as a model, but ye gods......surface presence, trained riot police x 100s, spotters, undercover......
The 8 coppers (footy fans) who sit bored through our games are not used.... let's hear it for rugby :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

BTW my mate runs a domestic violence/rape unit for a chunk of Brum. Her squad is a quarter the size it used to be. Gets me really angry.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Inside Out tonight

Post by tigercaspian »

Imagine what it was like in the 70s/80s?
Some West Ham fans seem determined to go back there too.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

"8 coppers". We have police attend the matches? I don't think I've ever seen any. :smt017

They're not needed.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

ellis9 wrote:"8 coppers". We have police attend the matches? I don't think I've ever seen any. :smt017

They're not needed.
usually see them outside the ground for traffic flow / getting people away quickly

never seen them there before or during though :smt017
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

They do attend the games but in a small number and are not immediately visible within the ground.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Tigerbeat wrote:They do attend the games but in a small number and are not immediately visible within the ground.
I know one of the specials who attends, he's selected specifically because of his lack of interest in rugby. I asked him the other week if he was going to get a selfie with Dan Carter he said "who?"
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I remember the first S African game after they were allowed back in was against the E Midlands (captain Richards,D.). Big police presence because of potential trouble. The police were definitely not picked because of their lack of interest in rugby that day! Outside the ground - constables and the odd Sergeant. Inside, Inspectors making sure no-one stole the posts and a Chief Superintendent checking on the straightness of the halfway line :smt005
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina