Arriving very soon

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by ellis9 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Granby that emoticon can also be used for your comment.

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by JackFlashJonny » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:06 am

With ellis you all need to remember he is from Birmingham therefore will never truly understand Leicester or our club hence attempts to makes up for this with fervent blind support :smt023

Seriously though I think it is a very interesting concept and I look forward to going I only hope it has views of the pitch (I imagine it will not though)

BeeJ
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: Beaurepaire

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by BeeJ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am

ellis9 wrote:Lighten up a bit.
I don't think you would recognise humour even if someone nailed it to a cricket bat and beat you round the head with it. Even Greg Garner would have seen the joke aspect in Granby's comment.

As Granby said, :smt015

Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by Will S » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 am

Instead of a large or small coffee they should be called a Tom or Ben?

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by Noddy555 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:05 pm

One Wonders why they've called it 96 or is that the cheapest price of each coffee they hope to sell i.e. 96p or is it £9.60.It's definitely nothing to do with their birth year or is it the year both of them signed on at the academy?

Brianf
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by Brianf » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Noddy555 wrote:One Wonders why they've called it 96 or is that the cheapest price of each coffee they hope to sell i.e. 96p or is it £9.60.It's definitely nothing to do with their birth year or is it the year both of them signed on at the academy?
I am actually beginning to wonder if I have started reading this topic on April Fool's Day!

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by jgriffin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Brianf wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:One Wonders why they've called it 96 or is that the cheapest price of each coffee they hope to sell i.e. 96p or is it £9.60.It's definitely nothing to do with their birth year or is it the year both of them signed on at the academy?
I am actually beginning to wonder if I have started reading this topic on April Fool's Day!
Agree entirely - it reads like a really poor Vic & Bob sketch.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

ads
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Born Leic, Live Leeds

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by ads » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm not sure if Noddy is serious or not there?

Oh well, I'll bite......

It's not their age, DOB, height, weight or shoe size. Is there anything else in their lives that involve the numbers 9 & 6??

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4900
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by WhitecapTiger » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:43 pm

ads wrote:It's not their age, DOB, height, weight or shoe size. Is there anything else in their lives that involve the numbers 9 & 6??
House numbers!! gotta be house numbers!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

BeeJ
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: Beaurepaire

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by BeeJ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm

I can only assume they're still using lead pipes for the water supply where Noddy lives.

ads
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Born Leic, Live Leeds

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by ads » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Does that come in 6 & 9 inch??

Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by Will S » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:18 pm

It's the opening hours

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by strawclearer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

ads wrote:I'm not sure if Noddy is serious or not there?

Oh well, I'll bite......

It's not their age, DOB, height, weight or shoe size. Is there anything else in their lives that involve the numbers 9 & 6??
I'm not sure if he's serious either! I did provide a clue earlier...
strawclearer wrote:I suppose that a similar bar from Messrs Harrison and McCaffrey would be called 910678? (I dread to think what it might be if Thacker was involved!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by ellis9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:12 pm

A couple of things-

Is Jack Flash Johnny allowed to take the mick out of where I come from? Whether joking or not. Luckily I'm not offended but if I was from Nigeria for example, things would be very different.

How the hell has this topic become littered with criticisms? The club is having two of their home grown players open their business at Welford Road which I thought would be interesting to tell people but ur seems not.

L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Arriving very soon

Post by L Smith » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:40 pm

ellis9 wrote:A couple of things-

Is Jack Flash Johnny allowed to take the mick out of where I come from? Whether joking or not. Luckily I'm not offended but if I was from Nigeria for example, things would be very different.
Good point, Ellis. Any self-respecting Nigerian would be offended if you said he hailed from Brum. :smt026
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest