Free and open discussion.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SIBARITE

Free and open discussion.

Post by SIBARITE »

Can anyone recommend an alternative forum related to Tigers where free and open discussion is allowed? Not one that is overly moderated in favour of the club.
Tigerbeat

Re: Free and open discussion.

Post by Tigerbeat »

Free and open discussion is allowed on here and is not always in the clubs favour......see the thread on players in Treviso....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Tigerbeat wrote:Free and open discussion is allowed on here and is not always in the clubs favour......see the thread on players in Treviso....
Completely agree! :smt038

IMO any moderated content on this forum usually saves us from the idiots as seen on the faceplant pages, those jumped up pushy types with claims of being in the know, and claims of regular beer swilling with staff, and who's use of the English language doesn't stretch much beyond anything beginning with "F", and some of whom have never been near a rugby pitch despite their big words and those who have were decent water carriers, you know the types!
Cheery chappy
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

The Boy Dave wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Free and open discussion is allowed on here and is not always in the clubs favour......see the thread on players in Treviso....

IMO any moderated content on this forum usually saves us from the idiots as seen on the faceplant pages, those jumped up pushy types with claims of being in the know, and claims of regular beer swilling with staff, and who's use of the English language doesn't stretch much beyond anything beginning with "F", and some of whom have never been near a rugby pitch despite their big words and those who have were decent water carriers, you know the types!
So, You don't know of any then? You both show your prejudices by giving your own answer to your own question.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

SIBARITE wrote:Can anyone recommend an alternative forum related to Tigers where free and open discussion is allowed? Not one that is overly moderated in favour of the club.
You could try here.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

BeeJ wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:Can anyone recommend an alternative forum related to Tigers where free and open discussion is allowed? Not one that is overly moderated in favour of the club.
You could try here.

Looks good. Thank you.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

SIBARITE wrote:
The Boy Dave wrote:

So, You don't know of any then? You both show your prejudices by giving your own answer to your own question.
Well I don't claim to be so all knowing that I never ever put my own foot in my mouth.
This site seems to be well proportioned IMO, posters are mostly very knowledgeable IMO, and there is often some good banter and innuendo if you get used to working it out.
I have a couple going on currently and it's all good fun, nothing personal, I often respect their views and they often respect mine.
OK there are cliques on most sites, not so much on here IMO, I think you get an honest and genuine opinion in the main.
I don't like the faceplant thing, I remember when certain folk started their thing a few years ago and what a foul mouthed lot they are, take a different view to them and it'll be deleted or you get told to f off but then standards have dropped all round.
The unofficial site looks mostly like some old boys network with just a handful of buddies.
The mods on here take no sides in my experience.
Anything that could be considered too personal is gone, and they explain it if requested, fair enough!
Cheery chappy
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Self affirming balderdash at best. Quote TBD "The unofficial site looks mostly like some old boys network with just a handful of buddies" Priceless. "There are none so blind as those that will not see"
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

SIBARITE wrote:Self affirming balderdash at best. Quote TBD "The unofficial site looks mostly like some old boys network with just a handful of buddies" Priceless. "There are none so blind as those that will not see"
Whereas being able to write but unable to read is a marvellous trick. Or a freak chance by a primate.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I am on several sites, including F/Book.
This one does allow free speech, unless it becomes personal or offensive, and at that point it is rightly moderated. I have found the other sites to be 'glossy' and sensationalist, more for people who seek pleasure in the moment, and have little thought for those whom they offend.

Just my view really!
And I hope I haven't offended anyone!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

SIBARITE wrote:
h's dad wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:Self affirming balderdash at best. Quote TBD "The unofficial site looks mostly like some old boys network with just a handful of buddies" Priceless. "There are none so blind as those that will not see"
Whereas being able to write but unable to read is a marvellous trick. Or a freak chance by a primate.
Could a Toady explain this to me?
I doubt if anybody could explain anything to you, but for the benefit and jollification of others.

You seem to be persistently surprised that a fans forum has posts on it in favour of the the club for which it is a forum for its fans.

You fail to appreciate that posters vary across; overwhelmingly pro club (reasons being probably a cross-section across blinkered, supportive and having and trying to spread a positive attitude); balanced; overwhelmingly negative (why on earth do they bother? are they fans of the club or simply wind up merchants? surely they can't be fans of the club so what does that leave?)

You complain that negative posts about the club are not allowed but your posts, including the ones that say negativity is not allowed but we all seem to be able to see, are overwhelmingly negative about the club. I think your last positive posts were about the back-stabbing, hair-pulling defensive revolving door that is Chris Ashton.

Toady? Well I try to be positive but over the off season I have been critical of the decision to cancel the Nottingham game - I still sure that something could have been arranged for the friendly basis that it should have been without using injured players. On the other hand I felt it was reasonable for Leicester Tigers to make a modest charge on those who wanted to attend an additional event. Regarding Macgate, I confess to being somewhat in the dark as to what has actually happened but I think that the club should stand up and say there is no case for anyone at the club to answer and why, or alternatively concede that certain behaviour has occurred and justice should be seen to be done with relevant individual performing some sort of community penance - if the club want names to remain confidential let the whole squad do it.
Toady? Look it up.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Fans forums have been closed down in the past because, unmoderated, they have been defamatory. Legally, the content is the responsibility of the forum owner (LFC in our case). There are some idiots on the Tigers forums, but at least they provide a place to discuss rugby and other interests in a (occasionally) well informed manner because the mods can excise the more extremist comments.
Valhalla I am coming!