Euro 2016 - even before a ball is kicked

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BeeJ

Euro 2016 - even before a ball is kicked

Post by BeeJ »

From the BBC. You can almost set your watch by them.

Also from the BBC.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Euro 2016 - even before a ball is kicked

Post by Noddy555 »

Well what else did you expect I got completely turned off by football in the 1970's due to the thugs vandals morons and complete idiots that called themselves fans. I will never forget my holiday in Holland in 2000 which was completely ruined when one of our party was injured by flying glass at a riot which kicked off in a shopping centre. It also changed my mind about capital punishment I'd happily string any of these from the nearest tree.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Noddy555 wrote:Well what else did you expect I got completely turned off by football in the 1970's due to the thugs vandals morons and complete idiots that called themselves fans. I will never forget my holiday in Holland in 2000 which was completely ruined when one of our party was injured by flying glass at a riot which kicked off in a shopping centre. It also changed my mind about capital punishment I'd happily string any of these from the nearest tree.
I think that's very unfair. What have trees ever done to you?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

strawclearer wrote:
Noddy555 wrote:Well what else did you expect I got completely turned off by football in the 1970's due to the thugs vandals morons and complete idiots that called themselves fans. I will never forget my holiday in Holland in 2000 which was completely ruined when one of our party was injured by flying glass at a riot which kicked off in a shopping centre. It also changed my mind about capital punishment I'd happily string any of these from the nearest tree.
I think that's very unfair. What have trees ever done to you?
Well remember that Noddy has allegedly got friends throughout the world, bit like Boots "branches everywhere!!"
Never let Euro football get in the way of a wendyball riot! :smt027
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The Marseilles police are used to dealing vigorously with young, fit French sailors so the two varieties of English yobbery fat,flabby or the pasty and weedy variety should present few difficulties. Of course, there will be complaints about the "heavy-handedness" of the policing. A chum of mine used to talk about the "smack of firm policing" adding "On a clear night in Liverpool, the smack of firm policing could be heard in Wallasey"
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Just like to thank the Taffs who, judging by the teams' performances, must have thrown their game against England to get us through to the next stage. Difficult to believe I know, but there is no other explanation.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game