Record or CD

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Record or CD

Post by DickyP »

Tell Laura I Love Her by Rickie Valence - 1960
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I think my first was Wagon Train, though no idea why. Still got a load of the 45s I bought back then - Elvis, Billy Fury, Helen Shapiro, then the era of the Beatles (saw them and loads of others at De Mont.)

Does anyone else remember the 60s and the record shop on Belvoir Street where you could listen to a record in a little booth before buying anything? Ah, memories.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

CJ wrote:Does anyone else remember the 60s and the record shop on Belvoir Street where you could listen to a record in a little booth before buying anything? Ah, memories.
That was Cowlings, remember it well, spent a lot of time in there in the 1960's myself.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

Wow - all of a sudden I feel quite young!

ELOs Mr Blue Sky for me (although I do remember choosing a Baron Knights LP - it was not my money!).