e cigarettes

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

e cigarettes

Post by amazing tiger »

are you allowed to smoke these in the ground as there was a man near me who was .i know this question has probably already been answerd but i would like to know if he was in the right.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: e cigarettes

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

In a word, no.

It is announced (at least twice) before every match that Welford Road is a non-smoking stadium and that includes e-cigarettes. If he uses it again, please remind him of this rule and, if he refuses to stop, report him to the nearest steward.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

E cigarettes are almost as bad as the originals, new research has just pointed this out I would advise everybody to quit whether it's nicotine or e cigarettes, not only from the health viewpoint, just think how much money you can save by not participating in this filthy habit. I trust that the Tigers stance against smoking in all it's forms will continue indefinitely.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Noddy555 wrote:E cigarettes are almost as bad as the originals
Sorry Noddy, but you're actually very wrong about this. Cigarettes contain over 4000 toxins and carcinogens whereas ecigarettes contain Nicotine (addictive yes, but in low doses found in ecigarette vapour no more harmful than caffeine), Propylene Glycol (Used in asthma inhalers and nebulizers and considered safe) and Vegetable Glycerol (Used in medications, cosmetic and food items and considered low toxic). I agree that ecigarettes are not completely risk free, but even Public Health England has said that vaping is considerably lower risk to health than smoking.

http://tinyurl.com/qyy3rey
Last edited by rich1576 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

All smoking, whether it be tobacco or vapour is a health risk not only to the smoker, but also to the people around them. The day the UK, and many other countries banned this disgusting practice in public was welcomed by all non-smokers. Recently, in a restaurant, an e-cigarette was lit, next to my table, whilst we were eating. It smelt awful and the entire area around their table and ours, was consumed with fumes. Fortunately, the manager asked them to cease immediately and they did. I have no problem with people smoking in their own homes. If they want to damage their health, have all their possession and clothes, and themselves, smell rancid, then I am more than happy to let them contribute to the country's tax income. Tigers, and many other places (quite rightly in my view) treat tobacco and e-cigarettes as an equal public health hazard. That's why they are both banned and long may that be the case.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:All smoking, whether it be tobacco or vapour is a health risk not only to the smoker, but also to the people around them. The day the UK, and many other countries banned this disgusting practice in public was welcomed by all non-smokers. Recently, in a restaurant, an e-cigarette was lit, next to my table, whilst we were eating. It smelt awful and the entire area around their table and ours, was consumed with fumes. Fortunately, the manager asked them to cease immediately and they did. I have no problem with people smoking in their own homes. If they want to damage their health, have all their possession and clothes, and themselves, smell rancid, then I am more than happy to let them contribute to the country's tax income. Tigers, and many other places (quite rightly in my view) treat tobacco and e-cigarettes as an equal public health hazard. That's why they are both banned and long may that be the case.
There is a lot of misconception about ecigarettes. They are not lit, it is not smoking as no smoke is produced and they do not produce fumes just vapor. They will give off an odour depending on the flavour of eliquid, but this soon dissipates and does not cling to clothes etc. I'm not sure what the person you were sat next to was vaping, but most people when I vape comment on how nice it smells. To say that we should treat ecigarettes like tobacco is absolutely absurd. There have been over 2.5 million smokers in the uk that have had their lives saved by switching to vaping.

Having said all that I agree that vaping should be banned in restaurants and public buildings and that in your experience the person sat on the next table should have used a bit of common sense. Vaping like smoking should be restricted to outdoors. Outside your health is more at risk from car fumes than from vaping, or do you want to ban all motorised transport too.

Many people have absolutely no idea what ecigarettes and vaping are and just come on here making wild assumptions, because they see it as being just like smoking.
BeeJay
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BeeJay »

Rich, could you please use tinyurl on the link in your initial post? It's current length is causing the page to distend to the right.

UPDATE: Thanks mate. :smt023
Graddy

Post by Graddy »

I do not want that next to me smoking electronic cigarettes.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Most definitely not and although E cigarettes have only been around for about 19 years or so there is already evidence that they can be one of the major causes of throat cancer, So leave them alone, if ypu want to give up smoking buy the special
nicotine gum that is recommended by Health professionals.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Noddy555 wrote:So leave them alone, if ypu (sic) want to give up smoking buy the special nicotine gum that is recommended by Health professionals.
Alternatively, stop altogether. The urge for a nicotine fix only lasts for a couple of minutes so, if you feel one coming on, divert your mind into doing something else. Eventually, the time between the urges increases whilst their severity decreases until they disappear completely. Smoking is a >90% mental addiction and <10% physical addiction so the sooner you train your brain to ignore the urges and reject nicotine, the sooner you stop smoking. It worked for me and it's coming up for 10 years since I stopped smoking.