Leicester Music Festival

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Leicester Music Festival

Post by MrPartridge »

Not sure how many Tigers fans are going this Friday and Saturday, but I'd encourage anyone to have a look at the laughable rules being applied via http://www.leicestermusicfestival.co.uk/faqs/

Apparently, no one is allowed to bring in cameras or video equipment - what is the plan to confiscate all mobile phones? Plus no food and drink to be brought in - how can they seriously apply that?! Going to be fun to see how catering deal with 44,000 people (allegedly!) Notable that ticket prices started at £50 and are now down to £25! Seriously how many people will turn up on Friday lunchtime to listen to Heatwave (who?) followed by Hannah Boleyn… Ann would pull more of a crowd.
Rizzo

Re: Leicester Music Festival

Post by Rizzo »

I thought it was actually quite a good bill on both days, a mix of old and new acts (Heatwave were a favourite of mine in the 70s and 80s) and virtually every music gig I've been to has the rule about filming and photographic equipment, and the one about food and drink. I had a bag of chocolates confiscated at Shepherd's Bush Empire last year - they searched everyone's bags thoroughly and confiscated all foodstuffs and drinks, even plastic bottles where people had removed and discarded the lid (some places will allow plastic bottles as long as they have no lid). I wouldn't have expected any less than these rules, they've been on every ticket and every advice to every gig I have been to in the last ten years - whether stadium, arena or smaller venue.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Rizzo - do you work for the club? That seems like a very 'corporate' reply! :smt002

Don't disagree that the line-up isn't bad but tickets prices started at £50 and have been slashed to £25 which doesn't exactly suggest sales have been a huge success!

I'm looking forward to it… but I think the 'rules' are a little OTT. Surely you can make an argument that if those attending the music festival at Welford Rd this weekend have their bags searched and food/drinks removed then this policy should also be adopted for all Tigers home games! What is the difference? If I can turn up to Tigers v Saints with a flask of coffee :smt002 and a pack of winegums then why can't I do the same when it comes to Leicester Music Festival?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't work for the club - I am not an employee as they don't pay me in any way (not even free tickets!) :smt005

to be honest I don't know why the rules are different for the rugby games and for this concert, possibly to do with a different security company involvement having stricter rules.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Cheers for the response Rizzo - I was only teasing lightly… all the best…

Let's hope it is a success and the club make a nice profit over the 2 days - they couldn't have wished for better weather!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not a bad day on Saturday with decent bands and lovely weather. In the long-term this 'festival' could work but I think the organisers probably need to draw in bigger named acts. Mercury stated there were 6,000 fans each day - organisers were aiming for 22,000 (plus ticket costs were halved).

Biggest disappointment was the food in the venue. Much worse than a match-day! Choices of chip van with sausage or burger, pizza, pies or ice cream. Veggies must have been stumped! How can you do a Leicester music festival and not have someone selling curry or indian snacks?

Will be interesting to see how much the club made and whether this venture is back next year.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Rizzo wrote:to be honest I don't know why the rules are different for the rugby games and for this concert, possibly to do with a different security company involvement having stricter rules.
It's probably more likely that it's to do with the contractual agreement between the Festival organizers and the Festival caterering company.

I can't promise, but I doubt whether either of these is Leicester Tigers Plc who do have a say over the catering arrangements for the match days.