Well done Leicester City

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Well done Leicester City

Post by Rizzo »

my friends who are football fans are ecstatic.

It would be nice though if Radio Leicester had managed to cram in a minute or two of something not football related during most of the breakfast show :smt002 :smt003
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Well done Leicester City

Post by ourla »

I really hope this is the dawn of a more successful era for the City. Credit to the Thai owners, they undid the error of appointing Sven and allowed Pearson and his staff to build a team and culture that has not only got them promoted but perhaps set up the possibility of establishing them back in the Premier league. Hopefully it can inspire the Tigers to win another title and keep Leicester up there as one of the top sporting cities. Let's not mention the cricket though :smt009
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Add my congrats - what I love more than anything is the manager whose expression and tone is identical after every game be it a 6-0 defeat or promotion to the premier league. You really couldn't be more different to RC if you tried! Proves it is down to individuals not specific behaviour.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Add my congratulations. Great for the city of Leicester.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Although I'm not a City fan, I do follow them as they are my original home team. But being a Southampton fan, I'm really pleased for Nigel Pearson as he shouldn't of got the sack from St Mary's when he kept Saints up in the Championship a few years back. He got Saints playing some good stuff and I presume he does the same for City.

Hopefully City will stop being the yo-yo club again.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Nailsworthstiger wrote:Although I'm not a City fan, I do follow them as they are my original home team. But being a Southampton fan, I'm really pleased for Nigel Pearson as he shouldn't of got the sack from St Mary's when he kept Saints up in the Championship a few years back. He got Saints playing some good stuff and I presume he does the same for City.

Hopefully City will stop being the yo-yo club again.
he does this time around, in his first stint it was very functional, at this point, after a 10 year top flight absence being a yo-yo club would be something I'd take, but I am very confident we will stay up and establisher ourselves again as we did under Martin o'Neill in the 90s