When representing your Country means...not that much

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

When representing your Country means...not that much

Post by Phil B »

I find the attitude of the Men's Cycling Team (in abandoning the World Road Race championships yesterday) absolutely shameful. It was wet, and dangerous, but had the exact same team been riding for a professional outfit, say on the same course, and in the same conditions, (Giro for example) they would all have tried to finish the race. This makes me think that representing GB means very little to them. When the going gets tough, the tough stay on the course, ours just say goodbye. They were in good company (in abandoning) but that does not excuse them in my book. Rant over.
Last edited by Phil B on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Zdzislaw

Re: When represting your Country means...not that much

Post by Zdzislaw »

I was very disappointed by the wholescale withdrawal by the team. Listening to what some of the riders said it was clear they withdrew because they decided that they had no chance of winning. Only about a third of the field finished the race but at least they showed some pride in representing their country.