The 'Beautiful Game' strikes again

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

The 'Beautiful Game' strikes again

Post by BJ. »

From the Beeb

Words fail me.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Referee beheaded by fans

Post by APJones »

A Wendyball Ref was beheaded following an altercation with a player who also subsequently died after being stabbed by the Ref.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/prwyrgg
Cockers was not involved but the RFU might find a way of implicating him - I too was guilty of waving my arms and shouting at the officials when Toby Flood had been deliberately targeted and tackled late (In my opinion) Should I and 40,000 other fans be cited too ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Referee beheaded by fans

Post by h's dad »

APJones wrote:A Wendyball Ref was beheaded following an altercation with a player who also subsequently died after being stabbed by the Ref.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/prwyrgg
Cockers was not involved but the RFU might find a way of implicating him - I too was guilty of waving my arms and shouting at the officials when Toby Flood had been deliberately targeted and tackled late (In my opinion) Should I and 40,000 other fans be cited too ?
Bad taste
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

There's already a thread about this on the Chit Chat forum as it's nowt to do with rugby. See http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =3&t=36851
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

BJ. wrote:There's already a thread about this on the Chit Chat forum as it's nowt to do with rugby. See http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =3&t=36851
To be fair the link to rugby is about as tenuous as this one, nowt to do with rugby either.................
http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =1&t=36852
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I put it in as I'm sure the laydees will want to discuss it at great length.

If anyone wants me, I'm now retreating to a hole up in the Dark Peak where they won't find me. :smt006
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That's not a very nice description of Belper bj, it can be quite nice when the sun shines..............................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: The 'Beautiful Game' strikes again

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

this is about as much to do with Football as the Denver shootings were to do with video games, Psycho's are psycho's not matter where you find them
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Psycho's are psycho's not matter where you find them
I'm sorry but I don't understand. Psycho's what are psycho's what?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

what are you talking about? are you just being a snob over a possible grammatical mistake I may have made?

The ref that stabbed the player and people that tore him apart afterwards are Psychotic IMO, they would do this sort of thing no matter where they were in life, it had nothing to do with Football itself, which was my point.

Just like the man responsible for the Denver Cinema shooting would of done something regardless and its not the fault of violent video games, no matter how much papers like the Daily Fail claim as much.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I was wondering why, in the space of just two sentences, you put apostrophes in 'psychos' but not in 'shootings' or 'games'. Since all of them are plural forms of words, why should one of them warrant an apostrophe whilst the other two do not?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Come on, please can we live and let live? Even if it annoys you, any grammatical errors are allowable on the forum, it isn't against rules to make spelling or grammatical mistakes :smt001
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BJ. wrote:I was wondering why, in the space of just two sentences, you put apostrophes in 'psychos' but not in 'shootings' or 'games'. Since all of them are plural forms of words, why should one of them warrant an apostrophe whilst the other two do not?
I may be wrong or possibly out of date but don't the apostrophes in question replace missing letters? I don't know whether or not this was Jimmy's intention.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

h's dad wrote:I may be wrong or possibly out of date but don't the apostrophes in question replace missing letters? I don't know whether or not this was Jimmy's intention.
If they are meant to replace missing letters, then the sentence would read "Psycho is are psycho is not matter where you find them." That makes less sense than the original.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BJ. wrote:
h's dad wrote:I may be wrong or possibly out of date but don't the apostrophes in question replace missing letters? I don't know whether or not this was Jimmy's intention.
If they are meant to replace missing letters, then the sentence would read "Psycho is are psycho is not matter where you find them." That makes less sense than the original.
I was thinking of replacing the apostrophes with path. I wasn't going to guess at the other words that seem to be missing.