Fed up with the petty squabbling

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fed up with the petty squabbling

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Rizzo wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I think that the behaviour of the moderators on here recently has been utterly disgraceful which hasn't helped the situation. I think it is time that they were replaced.

Any forum user is free to complain in the above situation directly to the Club, preferably giving reasons and examples for basis of their complaint.
I shouldn't have to complain to the club, certain moderators should do the right thing and resign.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Rizzo wrote:I would politely ask those who have Pmed me or Tigerbeat, or posted above, to reconsider leaving permanently. For one thing, that gives the small disruptive or rude element a victory of sorts, and for another your contributions WOULD be missed, believe me.

The general feedback we are getting as moderators is that people would like us to be more strict and robust with persisent offenders and to bring in a "sin bin" or sorts.

So, for a trial period, if a user has been asked several times to desist in rudeness or continually hijacking threads for their own personal attacks and agenda, they will receive one warning via PM followed by a week's ban.

Any resumption of attacks or abuse etc will be discussed between the moderators and the club and could result in permanent banning.
I think that users should also be able to do the same with moderators because at the moment they are misrepresenting the club.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Unless someone is quite obviously a troll then describing them in grossly negative terms is uncalled for. How can a ST holder for years be a traitor to the club, or insulting the team or anything - they've voted with their feet, their wallets and their years of support and deserve respect.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Big Dai wrote:
fleabane wrote:Thanks sapajo,tigerburnie, chappie et alia. Leaving the forum, can't be bothered any more with the slaggings off and just pure rudeness when people are expressing their views.

:smt006
Agreed. I too CBA any more.
Hmm didn't have you down as a quitter Dai. Have to re-evaluate.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

YBH said
I think that users should also be able to do the same with moderators because at the moment they are misrepresenting the club.
I must really have missed something and would like to understand. In what way have the Mods. misrepresented the club?
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Oh the irony and the fun !!

A thread about being "fed up with the petty squabbling" where there is ACTUAL petty squabbling still going on....brilliant entertainment. Grow up for pity's sake !
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I would politely ask those who have Pmed me or Tigerbeat, or posted above, to reconsider leaving permanently. For one thing, that gives the small disruptive or rude element a victory of sorts, and for another your contributions WOULD be missed, believe me.

The general feedback we are getting as moderators is that people would like us to be more strict and robust with persisent offenders and to bring in a "sin bin" or sorts.

So, for a trial period, if a user has been asked several times to desist in rudeness or continually hijacking threads for their own personal attacks and agenda, they will receive one warning via PM followed by a week's ban.

Any resumption of attacks or abuse etc will be discussed between the moderators and the club and could result in permanent banning.
YBH, if you have a problem the moderation of the forums, you have three options;
1. Keep your posts within the rules of the forum
Or
2. Take your concerns to the Club
Or
3. Find another forum where you can continue with your discussions.

Whatever, your choice....We do not have any problems with you or any other users and will continue to moderate in the same way.

Drop Rizzo or myself a PM if you have any concerns.

Happy posting!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I have to say I have no problems with the moderators, I have had my wrist slapped and understand their position, a difficult one in this day and age where standards change almost daily.The forum reflects society, it is not apart from it, I use several forums and not just rugby,some with no swear filters and little moderation. I happen to like this forum,warts and all(and you can include me in as one of the warts if you wish).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jgriffin wrote:Unless someone is quite obviously a troll then describing them in grossly negative terms is uncalled for. How can a ST holder for years be a traitor to the club, or insulting the team or anything - they've voted with their feet, their wallets and their years of support and deserve respect.
This is quite true JG, ST holders have funded the club for years, i feel that they are allowed to make valid views¬
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: ST holders have funded the club for years, i feel that they are allowed to make valid views¬
Anyone is allowed to make a valid (difficult to define imo) view. If they've only paid for one match ticket they have contributed to the club. Continued contribution does not make an opinion or point any more valid than another.

I am a season ticket holder. Doesn't mean others can't make positive/negative comments.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Lapsed poster and occasional lurker here.

As others have observed, hoping for some kind of messageboard utopia is unrealistic. In life one meets the (subjectively) intelligent, generous and interesting, just as we meet the unintelligent, spiteful and dull. It hardly goes without saying that all are represented on here, the UnOffy and any other messageboard that you care to mention.

Although I ceased posting due to my no longer enjoying a significant proportion of contributions, a couple of examples of which are on this thread, it would be a shame to see this place shut down or similar. There is no alternative forum where all is sweetness and light, for example whilst the UnOffy has a very different flavour it certainly has its own good and bad points, and it may perhaps be that some posters are just not a very good emotional 'fit' with the inevitable rough and tumble of these places. That is not meant as a slight to anyone, merely that having your skin bruised is a natural consequence of regular posting.

One thing I would say is that calling for the heads of the mods does seem, let us say, a very curious reaction. Gwl@d, known by some on here as a fairly robust place, has an actively used sin bin and my advice would be that a benevolent dictatorship might solve a few problems.

Regards to all etc.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

One positive then, nice to see you back on here DW.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Chuckster

Post by Chuckster »

Firstly, great post. Its been needed for awhile.

Its a shame that there are 5 or 6 regular posters on here that ruin the forum for what it should be, I would name them but my post would be removed I'm sure. Its very clicky with 'in jokes' and phrases which only a few will understand, petty remarks about spooling mistooks distract from the issues at hand. Its sometimes 'doom mongers' V 'happy clappers' rather than a fans forum.

P.s. I am also a season ticket holder but this is only my 7th post in 4 years, but I believe my opinion is not more or less valid than 40 years service or a newby.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Nice to see a few new posters(granted some have been browsing for a while), if nothing else, if we have cleared the air a bit and when the dust settles down, we all shake hands(metaphorically)have a beer and get on with our debates, maybe it's some sort of progress.
Like the game its self, we need referees(moderators) and their decision is final, I can live with that.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssssss
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

I personally wish I had more time to devote to this forum, because it is a great one: politeness, effective discussions with many knowledgeable forum users, a true solidarity between members when comes the time to travel and above all a real desire to push behind the beloved club! :smt026

Of course some of the users have their own temperament, it is not this Pink Floyd's the Wall scene with all those hammers marching forward. But - and here is my point - if you compare this to any French forum, this is a valley of charms in here. :smt023

I try to make people having an honest laugh sometimes (BTW is it "a" or "an" honest laugh?) for that I was nearly expelled out of French forums, not by the moderators but by angry throngs.

The Stade Français' official forum is really depressing, people throwing names at each other on the grounds that the club doesn't bring its yearly trophy any longer...

Quand je me regarde je me désole, quand je me compare je me console... When I look at meself I feel sorry, when I look at others I feel comforted...

KEEP THE FORUM GOING AND GOAN TIGERS, TO GREATER GLORY !!! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans