Fed up with the petty squabbling

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Fed up with the petty squabbling

Post by Tyzot »

From YBH
I think that the behaviour of the moderators on here recently has been utterly disgraceful which hasn't helped the situation. I think it is time that they were replaced.
Is there humour in this that I have missed?

In general terms - not aimed at this post. My only feedback for the mods is that personally I would like to see them remove more posts and give some posters a cooling off period off the forum. But some no doubt would see that as unnecessary censorship so unlikely to be adopted.

To use an analogy, some peoples behaviour on here is a bit like the guy that lets his bull terrier off the lead in the local park. To him (or her) its just playing, to others its a threatening beast. Eye of the beholder.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

:smt024
I have been posting, on and off, for nearly 10 years. Many have I seen come and go, some quietly, and some slamming the door. Some simply disappear. Anyone who has posted for as long as I have will have been subjected to some unjustified rudeness and unfounded criticism at some time or another. That is the nature of forums like these - they are inhabited by as a wide a cross section of humanity as one can imagine, from those whose company you simply would not be able to stand, for 5 minutes, to those who, given the opportunity, you could be best mates with. Some people might find me amusing and interesting – others may find be dull and boring.
My point is that one man's meat is another man's poison, and if we expect everyone to be kind, polite, well mannered, and offering constructive criticism with a sense of humour to boot, then we are very seriously deluding ourselves.
That isn't life, and that is certainly not a Forum, like this, where anonymity is the norm.
Best to accept that as a facsimile of life, we can't change it, and accept the bumps along the way. I guess it all boils down to how much you want to be part of the virtual community that is this forum. I like it, but am not, like some, obsessed by it. But you can’t be so sensitive that any little knock makes you search for a darkened room.
Best stay cool, relax and continue the fight, sorry, debate. That’s my motto, anyway. Every contributor is important, and where people step out of line, then I guess they can be dealt with.
:smt027
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Phil B wrote::smt024
I like it, but am not, like some, obsessed by it. :smt027
Guilty so I am now in therapy :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

At this time I think it worth pointing out that not everybody will hold the same view on any number of issues & long may that last.
wether or not those views differ from others is a matter of choice & therefore should be accepted as such, there can be & will be differing perceptions of those views but its wise just to accept that & move On.

BTW Making comments about spelling, punctuation or grammer on a forum is just petty Don't do it please.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

The bickering does get tiresome (criticising grammar?! Jeez get a life!!) and why is it that the so-called doom-mongers seem to be the group who appear to want to do this?! I am occasionally hacked off by what I believe is a poor performance but continue to be 95% positive in my belief and trust of the players, coaches, board and fellow supporters. For those who appear to be so 'anti' I wonder why they spend so much time on here ranting about it and why they don't exercise their free-will and go elsewhere if that is how they feel? This does not mean I am against a healthy and lively debate but it is the same old moans all the time - my Saints workmates find the incessant calls for the heads of Cockers and MOC hilarious!!
Rizzo et al - I hope you get rewarded well for your services - you must need the patience of a saint!! Always Tigers Together! :smt023
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Qbec wrote:BTW Making comments about spelling, punctuation or grammer on a forum is just petty Don't do it please.
I disagree (btw it's grammar, nor grammer). After all ...
Qbec wrote:At this time I think it worth pointing out that not everybody will hold the same view on any number of issues & long may that last.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

Phil B wrote::smt024
I have been posting, on and off, for nearly 10 years. Many have I seen come and go, some quietly, and some slamming the door. Some simply disappear. Anyone who has posted for as long as I have will have been subjected to some unjustified rudeness and unfounded criticism at some time or another. That is the nature of forums like these - they are inhabited by as a wide a cross section of humanity as one can imagine, from those whose company you simply would not be able to stand, for 5 minutes, to those who, given the opportunity, you could be best mates with. Some people might find me amusing and interesting – others may find be dull and boring.
My point is that one man's meat is another man's poison, and if we expect everyone to be kind, polite, well mannered, and offering constructive criticism with a sense of humour to boot, then we are very seriously deluding ourselves.
That isn't life, and that is certainly not a Forum, like this, where anonymity is the norm.
Best to accept that as a facsimile of life, we can't change it, and accept the bumps along the way. I guess it all boils down to how much you want to be part of the virtual community that is this forum. I like it, but am not, like some, obsessed by it. But you can’t be so sensitive that any little knock makes you search for a darkened room.
Best stay cool, relax and continue the fight, sorry, debate. That’s my motto, anyway. Every contributor is important, and where people step out of line, then I guess they can be dealt with.
To a certain degree, I agree. However, as this is a forum for discussion I don't see the need for rudeness. After all, we might all say something offensive in the heat of the moment, but to put it in writing takes consideration, and I believe there is no need for it.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Yes, but we don't live in a perfect world, and sometimes, the alcohol takes effect!!!!!!!!!!!
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Maybe we could all meet up at the next game and sort out all the issues at half time on the pitch for some entertainment , my I suggest a set of stocks and custard pies in aid of Comic Relief ? :smt044
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

chappie wrote:Maybe we could all meet up at the next game and sort out all the issues at half time on the pitch for some entertainment , my I suggest a set of stocks and custard pies in aid of Comic Relief ? :smt044
Any mention of pies and Andy Goode might come back and eat them all.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I think that the behaviour of the moderators on here recently has been utterly disgraceful which hasn't helped the situation. I think it is time that they were replaced.

Any forum user is free to complain in the above situation directly to the Club, preferably giving reasons and examples for basis of their complaint.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Rizzo wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I think that the behaviour of the moderators on here recently has been utterly disgraceful which hasn't helped the situation. I think it is time that they were replaced.

Any forum user is free to complain in the above situation directly to the Club, preferably giving reasons and examples for basis of their complaint.
Just ban him Rizzo, problem solved -simples! :smt068 :hammer: :smt721
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Phil B wrote: Many have I seen come and go, some quietly, and some slamming the door. Some simply disappear.
I miss 'Tigermad',shame he was bullied off the forum. :smt009
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It is worth pointing out once again that this is a genuinely much nicer board than most, even dare I say, the UnOffy which tends to flame supporters from other clubs. This board tends not to, but has some who deliberately get personal (see my signature!)or can be very pedantic. I think that if anything, moderators have been correct in their attitude to the occasional troll etc., and allowed the occasional knowall to spout for a while.

I am astonished to think anyone was rude to Fleabane, a very moderate poster! Please don't go.

I would be sorry if this board is removed (as at other clubs) or becomes the preserve of a few pals (as in the UnOffy). It's good fun to have banter, even with people you wouldn't actually like in the real world.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

BJ. wrote:
Qbec wrote:BTW Making comments about spelling, punctuation or grammer on a forum is just petty Don't do it please.
I disagree (btw it's grammar, nor grammer). After all ...
Qbec wrote:At this time I think it worth pointing out that not everybody will hold the same view on any number of issues & long may that last.
I think BJ you meant to write:
Btw it's grammar NOT grammer, rather than wot you wrote.
I mention this not because it matters, it patently doesn't but to identify that even the most hyper critical pedants like you make hypocritical errors. Why bother trying to point out others' errors? We ALL make mistakes and frankly who cares?
And trust me I do recognise the irony in this post.