How to annoy a certain kind of Scotsman

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

How to annoy a certain kind of Scotsman

Post by BJ. »

It was the Belper Food Festival yesterday. The main street was cordoned off, the sun shone and the crowds were out.

Whilst Mrs Beej was pondering over a cheese stall, I saw a man walking towards me wearing a football shirt. I smiled at him and said, "You don't see many Scottish Third Division shirts worn around here." All I got from him in return was a grumpy "Humph!".

He was wearing a Rangers shirt! :smt044
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: How to annoy a certain kind of Scotsman

Post by fleabane »

Always the sensitive soul, BJ! :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

fleabane wrote:Always the sensitive soul, BJ! :smt003
That's me. :smt039
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

At least you didn't ask him if he thought Celtic would win the league next season!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Funny how things come back to haunt you - you can't be 1) that successful, and 2) that obnoxious to that many small clubs for that many years without expecting pay-back.

It would be interesting to see how other clubs would vote if Manchester United in English football, or even Tigers in Union, were placed in a similar position.

I'm fairly certain that Man Utd would suffer similar indignities, but hope that Tigers wouldn't. However, I wouldn't bank on it.

Most Tigers supporters are fairly sporting rugby supporters - good tries against us are normally met with a applause albeit restrained and following a groan. We do, unfortunately, have a hard core of blind fanatics who spoil things but they are a fairly small group. I've had chats with rival supporters in the stands and outside grounds after games (home and away) and they've almost without exception been good natured, even if somewhat rude, banter win or lose.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I have no sympathy for Rangers over the current debacle, but I do have some sympathy for Rangers and Celtic in so far as a rather backward UEFA blocked them from forming a lucrative "Northern Europe League" with the likes of Ajax, PSV, Anderlecht etc.

And who knows, maybe the creation of such a league could cause some viable clubs to emerge out of Belfast, Dublin, Copenhagen etc.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

I don't feel sorry for rangers in terms of the people who ran the club, and yes there are plenty of Rangers fans who aren't particularly lovely people, but I do feel sorry for the majority of their fans, and for scottish football, which has now become totally uninteresting with the loss of the old firm games.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not that I know anything about football,but I do live and work in Scotland and note that this football mad nation can't wait for the new season.Dundee are full of getting into the SPL even acknowledging how lucky they are.Montrose and Arbroath can't wait going to Glasgow to play Rangers,the only chance a lot will ever get to play in such a stadium and in front of a crowd too.So quite a lot seem to see this debacle as a positive thing in the short term.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

tigerburnie wrote:So quite a lot seem to see this debacle as a positive thing in the short term.
....including Celtic, who are happy because they are almost guaranteed to win the title for the next 3 years !